MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Tropical Storm Fay:Don't think of it as...

cookiejar

A potential Hurricane my fellow Floridians...

Think of it as Prep Practice! laugh

Seriously, to my fellow Floridians and the other states that will soon be walloped with rain. Are you ready?

The hatches are battened down here in Miami, what about you??

Seriously, all kidding aside, are you ready?

6.gif9.gif

twister3.gif

Yup - everything is ready and we're waiting on news of closings here in my neck of the woods. Take care down in Miami, you'll get it first!

Good luck everyone else in Florida!

Well,

we're getting a little wallop from the feeder bands. We closed our downstairs shutters cause we already had a neighbor's metal for sale sign smack into our fence. rollingeyes

I don't care if it looks like I overreacted...these people won't pay my repair bills, right?

We're on the *dirty* side of the storm.

Besides, with a tornado watch till 11 PM, and a warning for my area till 6 PM. I'd just as soon overcompensate smile

I had to work today...I know I know. Yet another eye roll. rollingeyes

Truly, nothing too hairy is expected to happen till 2 AM or so. I'm ready, nothing else to do but wait and relax.

We have idiots surfing! _wave__by_MisterIngo.gif

Glad to know my northern FLA folks are ready!

grouphug2

Well, I'm sorta ready.

All the potential flying objects have been secured around the yard.

Got the grass mowed yesterday. Tall grass + heavy rains= MOSQUITOS!!!

Have plenty of bottled water in case the power goes out & no well.

Plenty of food on hand.

Flashlights with fresh batteries.

Now. I'm just gonna pray for the best.

Got woke up by the sound of my NOAH weather radio, alerting me for a tornado watch. The sound of rain was pittering on the roof.

I put the dachshunds out to potty when there was a brief break. We're just getting started with Fay here in central FL. It looks like we're in for a L-O-N-G day of rain!!

So, how are you down south, Cookie?

Here in west central Florida we've got a few sprinkles, but nothing really yet. I, too, have to work - it amazes me how all government offices can be closed in the county, all schools are closed, yet our university chooses to remain open rather than give us a hurricane day.

We're going to get more rain and wind gusts later tonight into tomorrow, but no one is worried. It looks a lot worse on radar than it is - I've seen thunderstorms in South Dakota that make this look like a sunshower!

Not complacent though - fully prepared and not panicking!

Everyone else in Florida, let us know how you're doing! <>>

Good morning!

More like *Fey than Fay*,

What a non-event as hurricanes/tropical storms go. Oh well, got the hurricane practice in. Some of the bands with gusts were startling but really just truly soggyyyyyyyyy. A couple mini-tornados whipped around but everyone is okay. We got our first real stop of rain just now and are we appreciating it. I see a peek of sun!!!!!

On the good news, Lake Okeechobee is getting a much needed dousing. We found out all our storm services worked well as did the official storm plans. All "+"s.

In the news the sheriff was pulling over teens for wave boarding in the flooded streets. (Was that Darlene's boys?). Some teens got a truck, attach a rope and *skiied* the streets with wave boards.

(Tell the truth, doesn't that sound like fun?).

We're slowly unfurling from Fey. Not taking everything back outside yet for gusty weather. We intend to enjoy the break.

Having survived Andrew, Wilma and a host of other storms, I still gets anxious from *impending* weather. Wilma shook me up a bit so we would rather overcompensate than NOT be ready. I find when I know a storm is coming I go into overdrive planning and getting things set just *so*. (shrug) It makes me feel better.

Alls good here except for the flooding and some power outages.

Brief gusty weather. So it's on to you folks in Central!

bighug (We knocked Fay down a peg for ya!). wink

This thing seems to be driven by something other than natural forces. Consider all of the 'reasoning' of weathermen and the predictions of death over land several times. It regrouped and even became stronger against all odds and has now turned back to the Gulf of Mexico. And what's in the atmosphere to the West? An upper level low that could very well act to 'suck' this thing in. Heads up.

My brother and sister both live in Melbourne,FL. They have gotten over 2 feet of rain in less than 2 days. No bad wind or other damage..just flooding everywhere. The storm had stalled over them for quite awhile.

Yea Momo, FL and north TX are sure getting a bunch of massive rainfall. We are finally drying out and cooling off some. Its been nice for a couple days now. But Fall is just about to start.... and being ready for a long winter is a good idea.

Believe it!

We were still getting hit by feeder bands today!!! We have some flooding though nothing close to the house. I hope the Central folk are doing okay??

We got 4 inches here. Some Broward beaches were closed due to septic overflows that got into the canals and down to the Ocean. yuk

Hang on and keep safe Kelly! Sending prayers that it peters out and just gives a helpful soaking. bighug

It's still been raining off & on all day today. I just heard on our breaking news that this last band spun off a tornado & it messed up 3 mobile homes about 20 minutes east of me. One destroyed & Red Cross has relocated the family.

OK Fay.....you've worn out your welcome. It's time to leave.

Archived