MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

I thought I was Lost

Texmex

At first I thought I was at the wrong place at the wrong time, especially since my old key won't turn the knob rollingeyes

Slowly I walked the halls, then I thought "about the gathering" hey ( that's what I call myself when no one is around) do you want to go? Sure I answered ( I also like to answer myself, cause if I answer I know I'm still here, banana , then I read something about crossing, driving thourgh mountains and I said to hey, "Hey I don't think so"

Its good to be back, and I see that there is alot of reading to catch up with, new friends to meet.

I have really really missed being here

Oh about Ike, we got the "clean' side, 30 miles made a big difference, that's how far Galveston is from us. Son and his family, daughter and her family have been with us since Monday when we returned home. They are still without power. We got ours Monday afternoon.

Daughter lost alot of trees, two of the biggest were the two oaks, one on the east side of her house, the other on the back-end. They have been clearing and cutting tree limbs, chopping etc for the past two days and still no end in side.

I tell you all one thing, I am so happy that I have been learning to be prepared and been prepared since 1999. Ike was our first hurricane in a long long time. Friends couldn't believe that we had air mattress, battery operated lanterns, battery operated fans with us, I had enough food to feed us without worrying that the stores were not open.

I am so graceful for the information shared here, and I can not say it enough, for the things I have learn in these halls.

Texmex

smile I am really glad that your folks are all ok and that you could ride out the storm with your supplies and preps in order.

This is one of the first good news stories I have heard... other than my sons future in laws up in Humble were ok too, used their generator. Maybe they are preppers and I just don't know it yet.

bighug Welcome back Texmex, its good to see ya back!

Archived