MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

I am new, learning and love the information I'm finding here

Kevin B 123

Hello every body,

I'm Kevin and glad to be able to use these forums. So far I am getting a lot of useful information

Im putting to use. My mom always taught us kids to think about our situations, “ think it threw from beginning to end” she used to say. Mom also taught me look at things from another’s ( everyone involved, where applicable) point of view, before deciding on things, advise I have always found useful. I ran a successful business, in part due to her philosophy. Since Im disabled now, and unmarried but trying to make it on my own, I decided to look into “MRS SURVIVAL” with its ladies methods, experiences, women’s point-of-views, and glean as much as I passably can. So far, I have found these forums extremely useful.

Where Im fairly self-sufficient in many-a-thing, I have never canned food, and I wish to learn, Im a beginner at dehydration, ( and find the “instruction manual woefully lacking”) I do have a book, but there simply is no substitute for experience. Im learning to make bread, right now with a bread machine, but want to make my own loaves, baked in the oven.

I choose “MRS SURVIVAL” knowing I’d get good practical advise, and another point of view, other than my own. Mom & dad are gone now, so my rich resource of their experiences are to, ( except for my memories) so I thought here might be a good place to get a bit of help.

A bit more about me: I can sew my own clothes, and sometimes do, ( thanks mom), can build a room addition, ( if they let me alter this apartment- L O L). Grew up so to speak in a restaurant, dad was a chef, and worked in many diners, sandwich shops, restaurants, learning from every cook & chef I worked with. I have 15 years employment woking with developmentally challenged people, ( retardation, bi-polar, schizophrenic, etc, and with various physical challenges ). I painted houses professionally, most week-ends & threw the summer when the main job has less for me to do. I managed 3 restaurants, worked as a security officer, was an area supervisor for that company ,( had 500 employees- did well there thanks, to mom’s advise at seeing another’s point of view). Did in-home care for the elderly, took care of my parents in their last 7 years, ( and before that).

Not looking to date anyone: Because I believe in God, I do pray for a wife, but KNOW God will send her, and I will know. I don’t date in the mean time. My time is better spent reaching out to this city’s wayward which takes much of my time.

Im glad to have met you in cyber space.

Have a Good day, God bless and keep us all!

welcome4

You'll find lots of good info and advice here at MrsS. Lot's of us motherly types (myself included).

Sounds like you have lived an interesting and well rounded life. I look forward to getting to know you better. My dh and I are parents of 7 children ranging in age from 4-13 and live in Alabama. We have a small homestead and working towards improving it all the time.

wave

See you in the forums!

Stephanie

Archived