MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Hey gang!!!!

Starmom

A huge and warm hello to all of you!!!

My name is McKinsey and I currently live in Bend, Oregon with hubby and two kids still at home (chant: one year and nine months left...!) I have 4 kids total and 4 grandkids.

DH and I have a 64 acre ranch in eastern Oregon that we're building. We are off the grid and employ solar power and a pelton wheel in the creek to bump winter usage. We are in the architect-strangling process of designing our straw bale home eek

DH takes care of the orchard and all of the people food. Somehow I get to do the canning; how does that work?!?!?! grin

I'm in charge of the planning for and care of all of the animals. We are just now in the process of doing the fencing for the goats we'll have (Nubian's and a Boer buck), the 3 coops for the chickens we'll have (Delawares, New Hampshire's and Sussex's), the 2 colonies of bees (Italian's and Carniolan's),and the two Percheron horses that we'll be getting. Guarding all will be the Kangal dogs and to that end we are getting our first Kangal puppy this December (ask Darlene and let her know mine will be better! rofl )

I'm also in charge of all of the pasture growing and maintenance and rotation....hmmm....my chores certainly seem to be piling up!! LOL!!!

Also, I'm in my second year of graduate for mental health counseling.

Anyway, Darlene let the cat out of the bag that this website exists and I have to say that there is such a wealth of knowledge and information contained in these pages that my eyes have been bleeding now for the past few days!!! Thank you all so much for sharing such amazingly important and empowering experiences!! What an awesome group!!!

So, that's about it for now..... loveplace

(((((((((((mckinsey))))))))))))))))

What a nice surprise! I'm so glad you joined! Char is a member too, but I think she's so swamped with her farm that she's just been reading for now.

It sounds like you have a beautiful setup going there, and Oregon is a beautiful state. Not to worry though about your new pup...I'm gonna call Ed this morning and see if I can make any progress with him...Char's a brat like you and a is being VERY unreasonable...

lolol

darlene

Quote:
(ask Darlene and let her know mine will be better! rofl )

COOL! Looks like I have a new partner in crime ummm teasin' UMMMM Oregon!! thanks

welcome6

Originally Posted By: Darlene
(((((((((((mckinsey))))))))))))))))

What a nice surprise! I'm so glad you joined! Char is a member too, but I think she's so swamped with her farm that she's just been reading for now.

It sounds like you have a beautiful setup going there, and Oregon is a beautiful state. Not to worry though about your new pup...I'm gonna call Ed this morning and see if I can make any progress with him...Char's a brat like you and a is being VERY unreasonable...

lolol

darlene

Silly silly Darlene!! My DH is in the coop with Ed keeping him company along with the tv and beer....
But really- it's okay... Your pup will be second best!! That's good too.......!!!! lol
Originally Posted By: Starmom
Silly silly Darlene!! My DH is in the coop with Ed keeping him company along with the tv and beer....
But really- it's okay... Your pup will be second best!! That's good too.......!!!! lol

*thinking thinking thinking*...

I'll be back.

lolol

Archived