MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

PRAY FOR ME, I'M GOING TO VOTE!

cookiejar

:spider:I'll watch your back, Cookie. Okay, so I'll watch it from here but it's the thought that counts. grin

Your plan is good as far as it goes. I'd suggest going as 'gray man', wear lots of deoderant cause you don't ever want to let them see you sweat. Check out the exits first thing and choose a route that most people wouldn't consider.

Pay close attention to the people around you. Look at their hands. A fire handed individual will be the first to cause a rucus, an air handed one will want to chatter, a water handed one will want you to tell them how to vote. Stand near an earth handed person, they'll get in, vote and get out without fuss.

Cross your fingers (toes too maybe) that you can get in and out fast but bring lunch and lots of water just in case. Bring barter items if you think you'll be there longer than two days. (I suggest coffee and dognuts, you can at least bribe the local officers with those)....

Once you're done voting, stroll casually until you are in the clear then run like ......well the wind.

roflroflroflrofl

bighug my friend

Mother wrote:

Quote:
(I suggest coffee and dognuts, you can at least bribe the local officers with those)....

I'm just wondering what the heck *DOGNUTS* are, and why would local officers want THOSE?????

eek

sassing

Too funny Cat. I didn't catch that in Mother's post. Okay folks she said 4 hr wait but its been more than 12 hrs now. No news yet. At 24 hrs we start loading the arsenal.

We voted yesterday, and there was a TREMENDOUS line...

...at the courthouse annex

...in Chandler TX

...there were 2 people ahead of us rofl

(hey- that's 2 people more than there usually are neener )

Originally Posted By: cookiejar
I'm in Florida with the 4 hour waits and I'm going pre-dawn laugh
With the crowds and the people pushing amendmants, it's gonna get wild.

If I'm not back out by Friday....
Send the rescue team!

rofl

Ok its Friday anyone heard from Cookie or do we need to form a search and rescue team?

Stand down, stand down...

Search And Rescue has found her and confirmed that she is OK... I repeat... Cookiejar is OK!

clap

I actually looked to see when she had last come to Mrs S, and that really *was* the last she was here! eek

So I called her and started leaving her a message... actually, even MORE worried by that! But she had just walked in the door, heard me, and picked up. (Either that or she was *screening*??? shrug )

She said her AOL went out, and she was going to email from work but got too busy and couldn't. I *told* her we were lining up the infantry to do a search-and-retrieve mission!!!

She said there were long lines and a long wait, but I'll let her tell it, since she does it much better.

**I repeat... COOKIE IS OK!!!**

2.gif

Originally Posted By: Cat
Stand down, stand down...

Search And Rescue has found her and confirmed that she is OK... I repeat... Cookiejar is OK!...............

**I repeat... COOKIE IS OK!!!**

2.gif

eek Man that was a close one....Ok Trip you and Jack and stay right there... BOB back in the closet and unload the peashooter :slingshot:

Glad to know she is ok

10-4. Copy that. Unloading the guns... locking the arsenal back up. Did we get Trip and Jack back in place? Someone warn darthduck to stand back. PHEW!!!!

Glad she's okay. Can't wait to hear word from her. Thanks cat for the update! (I was seriously starting to worry)

roflroflrofl

OMGOSH... my ribs hurt from laughing!

Yes, my AOL died and then things have just been crazy at work. I had to download a whole new AOL at a friends. Sheesh!

I'm glad I didn't write from work, they were checking whose fooling around online and MY system was clear... whistling

I'm working two jobs too. But I loved my search and rescue team! Thank you team! Thank you Cat. grin I was not screening, I was lugging my equipment in the door. laugh

I didn't realize this was my last post.

Hey, it WAS crazy and even though I left so early I still had to park in a local city park to go to vote. Luckily, it was chilly, and everyone was in high spirits. My ballot was 4 pages long...REALLY.

It was in 3 languages..every question. English, Spanish and Creole. I am not making this up. Then we bubbled in our answers and took them to a poll worker who entered them into a verification machine. A line to a line to a line but I did remember to thank every poll worker for their time and effort.

But I did it! And I felt exhilerated afterwards.

I'm still chuckling over my "exit" team.

Glad to know you have voted and you made it out in tact and alive. You had us worried. But it is okay we will accept the AOL crashing story...only because we have all had computer crashes neener And those darn snoops at work wat do they expect you to do REAL WORK? :ebay: DarleneSwoonrofl

Well, our city in WA is all mail ballots. You can mail them, drop them by a downtown office, or by secure drop boxes. On priniple, my DH and I always bring them by ELECTION DAY and hand-deliver them to the office personnel. We do this because we only live a mile from the downtown election office. smile

The traffic around the drop boxes and downtown office was an absolute NIGHTMARE today, from about 9 am and still going....

busted Dognuts is a joke in our family whenever we see two police cars snugged up to each other with the officers presumably drinking coffee and eating "dognuts"... Okay so it loses somehing in the translation but obviously I was extremely upset about Cookie going in for the vote and typed it with out thinking. roflroflroflrofl

Rootdigger, About the hands. I was serious about that. I was refering to palmistry. Hands are classified as Air, Fire, Water, and Earth and each has a distinctive shape. It actually IS possible to look at the hands around you and get a very general idea of what a person might do based on his hand type. It helps to know the types when you want to get in and back out of a place in short order. LOL.

Cookie, I'm REALLY glad you are safe and out of the crush tomorrow. You can set back and smirk when you see the long lines of voters. grin

bighug

Archived