MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Favorite Forums!

Stephanie

Hi all! I was just thinking today about how many wonderful forums we have and even subforums. I thought we'd do a thread that would help newbies (and us too) to locate some of these gems. smile

I know we all have more than one Favorite Forum, so go ahead and post about each of your favorites. Tell us why you like it and maybe one of your favorite threads in the forum. Maybe even where it is located! grin

Just this morning I was reading in one of my Favorite Forums - Pioneer Living! It is a subforum of Are You Really Ready. It is one of our newer forum/subforums, maybe the newest. It is already jam packed with enough information to keep you busy for days.

I like to go there and read, it makes me feel hopeful that if the Pioneers made it, so can we! It gives me ideas and helps me to make plans about how I can adjust my 'now life' to insure a better life tomorrow.

Okay, that's my First Favorite Forum.

What's yours?

GOODMORNINGPUPPYINBOX.gif

Well, I do have to say that one of my favorite forums is, of course, Family Tree, and then of course, the Homemade Memories, and Spa and let me see, there is the Country Living and the Homeschooling and The Sunporch and, should I go on?? smile

bighugbighug

HUGSMOUSEINSUGAR.gifHAVEAGOODDAY1.gif

SnowMom, Tell us more about the Spa.

With new years around the corner, I'm already thinking of healthy resolutions.

Have y'all ever done a weekly weigh in? (not giving actual weights) Reporting in with a -/+ lbs??

I was thinking about you yesterday when I was chasing some of my chickens ... I thought, I wonder how many miles chicken chasing counts for. laugh

Well, my all time favorite forum is burned down. Good riddance to bad rubbish and all that (my politically correct assessment).

But there are others I enjoy just as much.

I love the Preserving the Harvest, where we talk about canning, what to can, how to can. Everything in this forum is safe safe safe. I've learned so much, even tho I've been canning or participating in canning since I was a little girl.

And I really love Nature's Bounty. We talk about gardening there. Oh, I just love everything to do with gardening...tilling, planting, weeding, harvesting.

The two I visit first everyday are Are You Really Ready, where we talk about prepping overall, and So Whadda Ya Think, where we talk about current events that affect our prepping and our world.

My new favorite, maybe, I think, is The Edge. I'm too new to know exactly what I think about it. It's the place where we are going to be talking about things that we shouldn't be talking about in other forums. Not sure yet what all that means. I DO know it will probably be one of the only places we'll get to see that hilarious emoticon of the Princess with her crown, smacking a baseball bat in her hand...at You-Know-Who. laugh

Oh! And the Country forum...I learn so much about my goats there! As well as other things.

And Streams In The Desert...our beautiful place to remember Who is in control and to encourage each other in Him.

My word! I'd better stop! So many fun places. I have probably crossed the line with all my "favorites". A person *can* have more than one favorite. At least, that's what I tell my 8 kids and 4 grandkids. smile

My all time favorite forum here is Streams in the Desert. I've always believed that God has had His hand of protection and blessing over this site...He has blessed us with a place to learn and share critical life skills that will enable us to get through the rough days ahead.

It's also been the forum where I've felt the most vulnerable when I've written, and the most safe. It's where I've shared a few journeys in my own walk and growth in the Lord (like my study in Ephesians last year) and it's the place where I've so many times had the honor of reach out and interceeding in prayer for others.

To me, it's just a very special forum, and the backbone of this site. There once was a time when people just about tore this site apart and destroyed it, but He preserved it for eternal purposes that I'm honored to be a part of and witness, on a daily basis.

After that forum, probably Preserving the Harvest is one of my next top favorite forums. I still remember way back when, when I first started challenging people about home canning (and failed miserably with that challenge...it took westie coming in and interpreting what I was trying to say lol in a manner that caused people's light bulbs to go off, and they finally started to get what I had been trying to say.) That was the birth of that forum.

And then there's my little "Edge" forum. I love that forum because its boundries are a little broader, and it's a place to discuss some of those thoughts and concerns that we might otherwise have held back. I'm very proud of its progress through its ups and downs and that forum is starting to settle in, as all the members there get comfortable and understand those boundries that are in place.

And yes, for those who don't have access to that forum yet, my new favorite graemlin to use down there is this:

baseballbat

Ya gotta love it.

lol

I've got to put in a plug for another favorite of mine, the Fireside. This is located down in the Members only area. It is there for privacy. Many of the members have written short stories, some long, some short of fictional accounts concerning Crisis situations like EMP's, tornadoes, etc...

The stories are touching, exciting and mostly stocked full of good information for getting ready for whatever you may be facing. So, get a cup of coffee and go read a chapter or a story and you won't be sorry, I assure you!

dee

Well, the Preserving the Harvest forum is what drew me in first. As I moved around a bit and had to stay up late for one reason or another, I discovered Fireside and got hooked on the wonderful stories there.

I appreciate the Kitchen and Recipies because someone always has an answer for *something*, whether it be raw pumpkin, soup mixes, etc.

Another favorite of mine is the 2 Bits money-saving forum. This is where I discovered homemade laundry soap (THANK YOU!) and have perfected the recipe so it stays liquid! (Yes, I will share ASAP).

Ohhhh Shandy she did it again!rofl I love it!

Well my favorite forum is the Edge because I can get some different view points down there.

Are You Really Ready? is great! It has the information I use the most off this forum. The Pioneer Living subforum there is wonderful too. It helps to lay things out a little easier for me.

I like the 2nd Amendment forum too because I don't know a whole lot about guns, so when I want to learn something I go there to hear it from our resident experts! Thanks!

It's a tossup between Are You Really Ready and Fireside. I have read every story there...I just keep going back to check and see if we get new chapters (Please, more?). RURR is one of the most informative forums on the site...so I also read there each time.

I'm going to put in a shameless plug for Urban Homesteading even tho it's a fairly quiet forum. When I first started coming here I was pretty excited to see there was a forum like that...most homesteading/prepping forums didn't have a place like that (now more do) because it was kind of assumed that if you didn't have a place in the country...you were not going to make it. eek I have found lots of practical, relevant information in there that I can use.

I love Streams in the Desert, too. But, I don't post there. I used to, but my comments were just passed over, so I got the idea that they were not welcomed and now I just read there.

My favorites are the Preserving the Harvest, Are you Ready, Red Flags, and the Edge. Oh..I just do the search on active topics and join in those....LOL no matter what they are!

Judy!! You got the WRONG idea! Your comments are welcome in Streams in the Desert! Oh my, you've got me all in a tizzy now!

I can't remember who it was, but a while back someone...was it Cricket (forgive if I'm wrong about that Cricket)? Anyway they said they weren't a theologian and so they never posted in Streams. I meant to address that and lost the place the post was and never did. frown

Streams in the Desert is our Chapel at MrsS! We can pray together, share together, rejoice together. Sometimes there are organized Bible Studies, sometimes someone shares a nugget they have discovered in the Scriptures, or perhaps passes on a devotional they read somewhere else.

It is a LOVELY, non-confrontational, soothing, strengthening and encouraging forum where EVERYONE is welcome to share about their Christian Faith and personal relationship to the Lord.

There isn't a MOLD, per se. There are Evangelical Christians, Catholics, Messianics, some who are just searching and learning.

Please consider yourself (anyone reading this, new or old) personally invited to the Streams in the Desert Forum. I've only been co-moderating it a short time, but Ginger and Cat are two of the sweetest, God-centered, steadfast people in the world.

Well, if that wasn't a shameful PLUG, I don't know what was, but I ain't taking it back! grin

Stephanie, well said in describing our Streams forum!!

Judy, look through the archives. Many, many of my posts go un-replied but they are read. Sometimes people just read and ponder. I am so guilty of that very thing when lurking all over Mrs.Survival. I just read and all I can can say is WOW! mademyday leaving it unreplied but neverless appreciated.

Streams In The Desert forum is my absolute favorite forum! The name for this forum was inspired also from my all time beloved classic devotional written by L.B.Cowman. It was first published in 1925 and still sells millions today. There is also an online devotional for daily readings:

http://www.crosswalk.com/devotionals/desert/ .... but nothing can compare to reading my worn out book snuggled up with a cup of tea before going to sleep at night. Talk about Survival.... this dear missionary woman, God rest her soul, has equipped many souls with compilations of her favorite writings offering hope, encouragement, comfort and strength.

That is what I have also come to appreciate and love about our Streams forum here at Mrs. Survival. It is our very own members collective compilations of heartfelt writings, scripture and prayers of faith through trying times. For myself personally, it is not a place of theology and doctrine but a place of Relationship between the All-Mighty and our members to share freely their Christian faith. It is the place on this site where I am most comfortable posting my thoughts,prayers and inspirational material (ones that bless my socks off and I can't wait to pass them forward) to all of you some old friends and new ones joining in the bonds that we share here. It is a daily blessing to be a part of this site and its members.

My favorite has been Streams in the Desert.

I followed a link on another forum and the first place I went was in there.

My Grandmother had the book and I cherish the memories of her reading it to me when I was little.

I was pondering how to respond to this thread and wistfully thinking how I had searched all the threads here for as many references to the book I could find, reading each one with the eagerness of a thirsty person and with a pounding heart of excitement as the memories flooded back.

Thank you Ginger for the link, you blessed the socks off of me today.

desert-wash1.jpg

JCK I don't feel very comfortable posting in Streams much either but I also don't feel comfortable with much open religion... I won't pray out loud unless its a group thing either. I'm just not comfortable with it. I mostly read the threads and reply to them than post there myself, but I do love reading in Streams.

Michelle,

You're right. I believe I meant to say I don't feel comfortable posting..not that I'm unwelcome...it's my feeling, not anything anyone else had done, really. Thanks for helping me realize that is what was going on. {{{Michelle}}}

Hugs...I love reading there, too.

(((Judy))) (((Michelle)))

And everbuddy! grouphug

I want to add another favorite of mine. Homeschool Haven. Did you know there's great stuff about raising kids, cooking with kids, potty training kids, etc...

It's not all about ABC's and 123's grin

Westie started a ghread in there not long ago about child rearing tips and it was great, had nothing at all to do with 'official home education' but had everything to do with educating your children at home.

As preppers, we all need to consider the fact that public school may not be available in the future? A war? Pandemic? bug out? a whole bunch of possibilities. So, even if you chose to educate your children outside the home now, it is a good idea to consider how you'd continue that education if circumstances changed and you had your children at home.

Thats what I figured you meant Judy. I feel the same way. I enjoy the Streams and know I'm welcome there as everywhere on the site here but I'm just not comfortable with a lot of expressing my religion personally. I figured you probably meant something the same as what I felt.

Great point Stephanie. Thats one thing that got me looking at the homeschool haven forum to begin with. I do plan to homeschool later but even if I chose not to I feel there are a lot of reasons I may have no choice, ie. depression, society shutdown, etc. I want to be able to continue my children's education no matter what goes on in the world. Just another thing to prep for!

Go to the Cave. There's a post to request access to the Edge. You have to request access to get in. Just post in the thread in the cave and Darlene checks it every couple of days to give access to any new requests.

Archived