MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Another Alaskan Saying Hi!

ChelleAlaska

Hello Everyone! I absolutely love Mrs. S. - come here at least once a day to see what everyone is up to, to get new ideas and inspiration. I found you about a year ago, but just recently registered and decided I should try to contribute some!

My sweetie and I live in Southeast Alaska - with dog, cat and chickens. He hunts and I garden with the idea of someday being self sufficient - but at this rate, it's gonna take awhile. Our summer weather is a challenge - wet and cool and not much sunshine. But I do my best and each year gets better.

I like canning, knitting, & baking. I started a handmade soap business a little over a year ago and that is going well. We have a year supply of food now, but are working on other supplies. I also want to have a good list of easy meals to make with what we have onhand. We grocery shop once a month for the most part and found that saves us a bunch of money and forces us to be more creative with our meals.

I look forward to getting to know you all better - and for you to get to know me finally :o)

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a "southern" Hey theya Chelle. :wave: Glad you are here. I too have a home soap business. We'll have to talk soap sometime. My boys trap and I use the fat from the animals they skin. We'll talk about that somewhere more private. Don't want to upset anybody. I too live in Alabama. Hope to talk to you sometime soon.

Cleanheart :wub:

Archived