MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

What are you looking forward to???

out_of_the_ordinary

So, what are you looking forward to?? I have lots of 'dreads' lately, but I need to focus on some little positives. Mine are short-term, like the next month or so...

I'm looking forward to voting on Election Day. I can't wait to vote this year!!

I'm looking forward eating turkey on Thanksgiving and having a relaxing, enjoyable holiday. (Which reminds me, I need to call the turkey farm and order the bird!)

I'm looking forward to DH having a week of deer season off of work. Even the days when he doesn't bring home a deer are good days for him. It is good to see him de-stress!! And I love the look on his face the days he does bring home a deer. And, backstraps are delicious!!

I'm looking forward to watching "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!" on Thursday evening. And then later, my favorite, the Thanksgiving one. Gotta love Snoopy and Woodstock cooking dinner!

I'm looking forward to making more meals in the oven since the weather has cooled off.

Usually I'm looking forward to snow, but right now I'm REALLY looking forward to getting a new roof put on the house first!

I'm REALLY looking foward to:

Finishing Reading Board Projects

Friday!!

Going to the Dr to finally get a diagnosis

Hunting

Decorating for Christmas

Right now I'm loving this fall weather--finally, a break in the heat.

I'm looking forward to citrus season. The trees have precious little fruit this year, but it's always luscious.

I'm looking forward to our next nuc of bees. Surely, this time we will get it right!

I'm looking forward to the first round of answers--we're in court Thursday. Still have a set of long rows to hoe (four of them at last count) but closure is good whether you win or lose.

I'm looking forward to my son coming home for good, in about three weeks.

I'm looking forward to getting some venison this year. We know a couple of people who clean out their freezers at the beginning of deer season. If there's anything to clean out.

I'm looking forward to payday: getting some stuff to put in my dehydrator, paying off one round with the dentist so we can plan the next round, getting a new car battery and some new spark plugs.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow's pot roast with onions and barley, and to tonight's scrambled eggs (scrambled with salsa) and pasta salad. Dinner always seems to taste better when you can alternate something heavier with something lighter, doesn't it?

I'm looking forward to swapping some of these preserves (obtained in trade for eggs) for other kinds of jelly, or maybe for some fresh-frozen purple hulls.

I'm looking forward to my kids' daddy coming over tonight to look at the car. He's really been a blessing lately.

I'm looking forward to the last visit from the probation officer. Won't be too long now!

I'm looking forward to the low electric bills of winter.

I'm looking forward to wearing my pretty sweaters...which I think I know how to find.

I'm looking forward to the wishbooks--the garden catalogs that will start coming in pretty soon now. That's not how we get our seed, but it's often how we choose what to get.

So much to look forward to! We are overwhelmed with opportunity!

Thats a good question....I don't have a lot of things I"m specifically looking forward to. We're hoping to move north to the 'wilderness'...and it may be yet this year or asap...or maybe not til next year. So I"m looking forward to that--when and if it happens. I'm looking forward to snow --I don't mind snow or snowstorms. I just hope I'm not HERE when it happens. I need to think of other things that I'm looking forward to! Nothing really exciting happening right now or in the future that I can think of.

I'm looking forward to throwing a wedding shower for a dear friend in two weeks, Then all of my son's birthdays (Yes they are all in November LOL!), Then Thanksgiving, and finishing up my term of school.

But the thing I'm most looking forward to right now is Christmas!! I have other things, some more important but that is for another post :)

looking forward to:

This board getting done 'playing around' and settle in as it was before all the changes. LOL

WINTER! yes you heard me right I said WInter, Love that time of year. The scenes outside, the crisp fresh air, cozy days inside by fireplace, walks in the snow,etc.

Holidays - we don'r spend LOTS of money on things, just enjoy the seasons and the reasons for them.

Lori comeing home from work - some days I really miss her ( I'm like a puppy- met her at the door each day). That and she brings me home my Library books.

Power outages- For some reason people in the stors (for the most part) are much more friendly and people help out other people when they know someone may need something. Why can't it be that way EVERY DAY?

Coming in here and seeing what you all are up too.

This fall weather- so I can cut,chop and stack firewood. I tell you it is like' zen' for me - and you know it is the thing that warms you twice. LOL

OK I better stop before you have me wanting all these things NOW!

:AmishMichael2:

Archived