MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

A Haystack lunch

gofish

It's to be partly cloudy and cooler today . Breezy tonight.

We are going to have a Haystack lunch at church today. It's a fund-raising meal for our Alms fund and Teen MOP"S program.I signed up to help serve after the 2nd service and they needed more help so I "Volunteered" my kids. If I volunteer for anything DD2 wiil volunteer to help too. Son was not so happy to find out he was helping.Dh had signed up on his own.

It's going to be a Full day 1st we are going to see DD1, pick up DD2 from a overnight party,Church , help with lunch, small group meeting after lunch, and I need to go see my Mom.

Hope you all have a great day.

Ooooh! I *love* MOPS! I got involved when my kids were little, and later was the Coordinator for a few years. It's a wonderful program!

I hope everything goes well.

DH is in MI overnight, helping his parents and borrowing their truck to go pick up the stove tomorrow. LilDD and I stayed up late last night trying to put together a "kimono" for a costume for a party/trick-or-treating tonight with her friends. After church we've got some errands to run before I get her to the party.

:bighug2:

Didn't get much of a *nap* yesterday. :( Phone kept ringing. Drama at work. It's getting OOOOOOOLD!

Anywho...not much going on today. We were gonna get up and go early to the shooting range with DH's BIL and nephew, they wanted to sight in their guns for hunting season and BIL got a new .44 that we thought we'd have some fun playing with, but DH decided it was too cooooold to just go for fun. :( I'd have probably just sat in the car and crocheted anyhow. I hate it when my fingers get cold. hehe

Work today at 2. Drama Queen doesn't work today and a second gal even volunteered to come in and help out. So should be a pretty peaceful easy day--cept the boss will be there. He's on Drama Queen's side, so may have to listen to an earful about yesterday and the poor pitiful thing. :(

:bighug2: and :kissy:

Don't work too hard Niece. I remember the 'drama' of work. In one job that was all I ever got.

Sounds like you are going to have fun today gofish. Enjoy.

You must be pretty excited Cat about your new stove.

As promised, last week, here is a picture I snapped on my way to MIL's. 'Tis cotton harvest season in the higher elevations.

DSCF1185b.JPG DSCF1199a.JPG

Looks kinda like little biddies, Ann. I saw some on the way to southern AZ. Cat your stove looks really nice and makes me wish I lived somewhere cooler. And Necie! I got drama at work on the "Titanic" level. Hate it! This is what I have been doing today so far. I don't celebrate Halloween but I love to play in the kitchen. Both trays are going to work and then I am getting out of there before they decide they need me. Also have to brush the newly washed dogs and cut out any mats that are too bad. Gofish! Slow down and breathe!

Have a great day everyone!!

post-45-066037300 1288556832_thumb.jpg

post-45-020122100 1288556836_thumb.jpg

post-45-044628500 1288556839_thumb.jpg

post-45-045602600 1288556842_thumb.jpg

post-45-059764800 1288556844_thumb.jpg

Hello! It sounds like everyone has such a busy day :) My little Abby and Bear have colds today. We spent the weekend celebrating Bear's 3rd bday and halloween....packed up the halloween costumes....got some of the chores done....school done, frozen pizza for lunch. Got some of the other to-do list done. Everyone seems to be out of sorts so doing more loving than normal I think. Greg has to finish up his school work and then maybe he will play with Bear. I am cutting squares for a denim quilt for ds#1 (Lee). Knitting dishcloths for sale and Christmas. Going to try to finish some packing I started the other day. Just trying to pack a little every day.....I hate to pack. But dh said he would take some stuff to storage the next 2 days while he is off work so that will be nice. I am beginning to have stacks of boxes everywhere. LOL A very dear friend has offered some basement space to store stuff until we actually move. Trying to get the place spiffied up for the appraiser and prospective buyers. Very nervous about prospective buyers. LOL I always have trouble selling stuff, I hope that isn't true about this house. But come spring we are moving either way so in the end I guess it really doesn't matter.

Well, that's enough rambling for now. I hope that all of you have a great day!

Blessings,

Carie

I had never heard of the MOPS program. I was surprised to find out that there was a Teen MOPS offered right down the street from my office! It sounds like a great concept. Unfortunately, if I haven't heard of it, I wonder how many others don't know of its existence. In our offices, we often make referrals to other agencies when someone walks in and doesn't quite fit into our scope of services. I will be adding this to my agency directory.

Thanks!

Archived