MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

USPS delivery........................

Midnightmom

Is that an All-American????

:woohoo: SCORE!!!! :woohoo:

Congratulations!!!!

:cheer:

No. It's a "Presto Preservation 100 Pressure Canner and Cooker." Weighted, not guaged. :darlenedance: It was originally listed on eBay for about $50, but there were no bids on it, soooooooooooooo, I emailed the seller and asked if they would sell it for $35. She agreed, relisted it, and I "won" it for $35. :eclipsee_Victoria: List price is somewhere around $80!

What you have there is a limited edition of the Presto 16 qt. pressure canner with 3 piece weight set that was made for sale by Walmart only. It sells new for $68 so you got a good deal!!!

It is a great basic canner but it will take some getting used to using just the weights without having a gauge. If you want to order a manual or new gasket or new rack for it the standard 16 quart parts and manual from Presto work fine.

The weight set has 3 parts - 5-10-15 lbs. the center hub is the 5 lb. weight and each ring adds 5 lbs. Unlike other brands of canners the weight will rock gently but continuously from sided to side when it reaches proper pressure. When using it for processing meats be sure to add extra water (5-6") because of the long processing time.

If you want to know more about it just drop me a note. :)

Dave

PS: you can get rid of some of the staining inside by boiling water with a couple of T of alum added in it.

What you have there is a limited edition of the Presto 16 qt. pressure canner with 3 piece weight set that was made for sale by Walmart only. It sells new for $68 so you got a good deal!!!

It is a great basic canner but it will take some getting used to using just the weights without having a gauge. If you want to order a manual or new gasket or new rack for it the standard 16 quart parts and manual from Presto work fine.

The weight set has 3 parts - 5-10-15 lbs. the center hub is the 5 lb. weight and each ring adds 5 lbs. Unlike other brands of canners the weight will rock gently but continuously from sided to side when it reaches proper pressure. When using it for processing meats be sure to add extra water (5-6") because of the long processing time.

If you want to know more about it just drop me a note. :)

Dave

PS: you can get rid of some of the staining inside by boiling water with a couple of T of alum added in it.

Thank you for the info.

(The manual was included with the canner.)

Ohhh purrrtyyy!!! I haven't had any luck finding used jars locally yet but Walmart had pretty good prices in my area. In the spring some of the dollar stores carry them too - I think I remember seeing them at Fred's and Family Dollar for sure and maybe Dollar General.

Hey, that's the canner that's rocking on my stove at this very moment! :D It's a good starter canner. I've become very comfortable canning meat and vegetables in it and hope to someday graduate up to a bigger canner...but for now it works like a charm. It's very easy to use and has some great, straightforward instructions. If you need any help with it or have any questions, plese feel free to PM me. I love it! :) (I got mine for $40 off Craigslist, woo hoo!) Have fun!!!

Archived