MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Finally Friday!

Good morning, everyone!

Today, I have plans to get a lot of work accomplished... We shall see if it actually happens! We're supposed to have some rain today, but it should still be pretty warm outside. The good thing is that I won't have to water the gardens. Yesterday's jam is still sitting out, so I will need to put that away and clean out the freezers. My family hasn't quite grasped the concept of putting things back in order in the freezer yet... I opened one of the refrigerator freezers and an avalanche came at me. We've been relying on the stocked food in the deep freezer a bit more lately, so I need to replace some of that this weekend. It needs to be reorganized so that I can see what we actually have!

I have a ton of college paperwork that has to be completed for my daughters. Then I have to amend our taxes for the past 2 years. I also have to do a little computer maintenance and get some things done for my private consulting client. I don't want him to think that he isn't getting his money's worth! These are all good tasks for a rainy day...

This weekend is another jazz festival, so we will plan to go to that unless the weather fails to cooperate.

Here is a photo of yesterday's jam...Strawberry Blueberry Banana

DSCF0129.jpg

So what are your plans for the day?

Morning martianchick and all to follow :wave:

Your jam is pretty as can be and strawberry blueberry banana sounds delicious! Thanks for posting the picture. I love seeing pictures!

I did 35 bags of corn for the freezer yesterday so am a little lazy this morning. Here I am sitting at this silly computer still in my pajamas but I'll get to moving as soon as the coffees ready!

My plans for the day are hoping to talk DH into getting me more corn to freeze. What I have is nice but I'd like to make 3 times that much. I try to get 2 years done at a time and that takes quite a bit. I love when he picks it because he shucks it too.

Other than that it'll just be the usual stuff here on the farm.

Have a great day everyone!

It rained this morning.

Dh patched the drywall in the cornor and now he is sanding it down. I hate the dust but it needs to be done. I should be able get the primer on today. My vacation is almost over and I still have a lot I want to get done.

I need to get grocery's today and I want to stop at the farmer's market on the way and get some Amish peanut butter. DH and Son love it. I'm not a big peanut butter fan but I like the Amish spread in small amounts. Although Dh has done so well with his blood suger levels that they might take him off the meds so I will have to ask him if it's too tempting to have in the house.

Your jam looks great.

Amish peanut butter recipe

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/amish-peanut-butter/detail.aspx

I get to spend the day babysitting. How is it that my brother and youngest daughter agree to babysit for my oldest daughter and I am the one spending my day off with the girls. We had it all set up that the kids would be watched at my daughter's house, but not set whether my brother or daughter would watch them. My Son-in-law is on a job interview today where they wanted to meet the wife. Pray he gets it, he really needs a better job. Anyway, somehow while I was at work Wednesday night they changed it to dividing the kids between the two houses. He has the 4 boys at her house and the girls came here for my younger daughter to watch. I am sure she already had it planned that I would do most of the watching. That's what grandmothers are for right. I have my own plans...I have them till lunch, then she will take over if I have to "run" errands. It is my day off and I do not want to spend it watching kids. I have other stuff to do. I have to go by storage and pick some things up. I have to figure out how to clean broken glass out of the yard. Our glass top table broke wednesday. No one has found the time to clean the glass up yet. I have to mow, do something withmy pittiful garden that has weeds taking over. I have enough to do on my day off without doing what others have agreed to do and then passed off to me. Of course, I could watch the girls while she mows, cleans up the glass and does the other stuff I am suppose to be doing today. That sounds like a good plan too. I can take the girls to the lake while she does the work. If it doesn't rain that is.

What we will actually do is work together to get it all done. The girls are 9 and 11 so they can help. At least my brother has the younger kids and diaper duty. I can spend time with the girls instead. First errand is to get to the store. I have a few things that I have to pick up. THen it is time for the yard work.

Toady, I have a few blueberries to can. I will probably get 4-5 pints. DS is making lemon juice dill pickles. Somebody, probably DD will pick and fix the snow peas and I will freeze them. Also have a big bowl of regular peas to shell and freeze. DH is off helping a friend put a new countertop on a bathroom cabinet.

I hope to vacuum and mop, clean the bathrooms, kitchen sinks and put away 4 totes of clothes that DD and i sorted out of our closets yesterday. Some are winter, some a a little too big but I'm not quite ready to get rid of them yet. Lots of cleaning and decluttering that could be done but we won't have time to do it all :)

Morning martianchick and all to follow :wave:

Your jam is pretty as can be and strawberry blueberry banana sounds delicious! Thanks for posting the picture. I love seeing pictures!

Thanks, Dee! I started posting pictures because of you, you know. You posted about how much you wished others would post photos, so I resurrected my old photobucket account to post the photo of the quail chicks the other day. Today, it was really easy to snap a quick pic of the jam before putting it all away. Sometimes, I think that I just put off doing things because I think that I don't have the time. Posting a photo hardly took any time at all!

What we will actually do is work together to get it all done. The girls are 9 and 11 so they can help. At least my brother has the younger kids and diaper duty. I can spend time with the girls instead. First errand is to get to the store. I have a few things that I have to pick up. THen it is time for the yard work.

It can be hard to get things done with kids underfoot. Our grands are being babysat right next door by another relative. There is no way that I could get my computer work done if they were over here. There are 5 of them! Of course I won't get anything done if I keep posting on internet forums, either! :grinning-smiley-044:

I need to get grocery's today and I want to stop at the farmer's market on the way and get some Amish peanut butter. DH and Son love it. I'm not a big peanut butter fan but I like the Amish spread in small amounts. Although Dh has done so well with his blood suger levels that they might take him off the meds so I will have to ask him if it's too tempting to have in the house.

Your jam looks great.

Amish peanut butter recipe

http://allrecipes.co...ter/detail.aspx

Thanks for posting the recipe for the peanut butter, Gofish! I've been reading some Amish fiction in the past year and I really wondered what was in the "church spread" that they referred to in the books. I thought it was going to be something really exotic like some sort of meat paste or pate or something. It is funny what the mind comes up with when it doesn't have all of the facts!

Good Afternoon Everyone,

Your jam looks good and sounds delicious, TMC.

It sounds like everyone has been busy all day. I've been working on my Aunt's poetry book. I lost the file my niece sent me, so I have to re-type the whole book. Taking a break from typing, I made potato salad to go with the burgers I am going to BBQ later.

Dee, your suggestion to "see" some of our daily activities has prompted me to get of my bum and optimize a photo for you.

Here is where we free dive.

River110726.jpg

TMC- Your jam looks and sounds great!!!!

I helped out at a Farmers Market this morning and about halfway through we were told that today was the last day for the season. Guess the drought around here has killed some of the gardens. It's about a month or so early to stop the market. I am hoping that I will be needed some at the dairy!

When we got home it was time to take the pups to the vet for annual rabies shots, pedicure (toenail clips), and flea pills. Hopefully they will be good for a while except for needing more flea pills.

Dinner is taco salad for me and soft tacos for DH with pineapple upside down cake for dessert.

All of you were so busy today!!!!!!! Hope you have a good evening!!!!!!

Archived