DD's Guardian Angels working overtime

SueC

I had a phone call from my DD yesterday. It started something like this:

Me: Hello

DD: I think my car is a write off

Me: what?

DD: I think my car is a write off

Me: oh no - what happened?

She was travelling in a 100 K speed zone (that is 60 plus mph) when the warning lights for the cane train started flashing. So being in her new car that is less than 6 months old, she stopped. The car behind her didn't stop. It shoved her through the lights and over the tracks. They ended up so far over the tracks that the train passed behind her with metres to spare, Fortunately the road is divided with 2 lanes either side and the train was entering from the other side so the timing was ok. She is rather stiff and sore, but no injuries as such. what was more amazing was the police came took notes and didn't even book the driver of the other vehicle.

This car was new and blue - it replaced the blue car she wrote off earlier in the year when she rear ended a ute that stopped for flood waters right on a corner. That time they were travelling slow. She thinks she will get a different colour this time.

:0327: Oh, my!!! Thank God she was pushed far enough away!

:hug3: Must've pained your "mothers heart" to hear it, but how wonderful that she's ok and only sore.

Hopefully the other driver learned a lesson, too. :tapfoot:

so glad DD is doing well!!

she had a check up with the Doctor today, xrays of the neck showed no fractures, but she is in pain all over, even ankles! I still find it hard to believe that another driver pushed through in front of a train and the police didn't want to know. ok - now that is over I wish sometimes I lived closer to her :(

Proof that Mommies never stop worrying about their kids...and that they are our "little ones" even when they're old enough to drive!

I'm so grateful that your DD is all right, and I am praising God that He was watching over her and keeping her safe that fateful day.

I hope that her pain subsides and that she feels better very quickly. Will the other driver's insurance pay for the damage done to her car?

Archived