MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

The problem with movie night

gofish

We are going to a friends house tonight for a movie. There will be 3 married couples, 2 older singles and 4 teenagers.

The problem is finding a movie that has no bad lanuage, sex scenes or violence and that is not a cartoon.

It's emberrassing to see some of the things they put in movies.

What are your favorite movies for a conservative mixed group of freinds?

I love really old movies... Off the top of my head... The Bad Seed (no violence is actually shown in the movie, though it is implied. It is in black & white) and The Gods Must Be Crazy and The Gods Must be Crazy 2 (Made in the 80's, both are comedies.) It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad, World (In color with a million old Hollywood Stars).

Hubby and I are still thinking about this and will add more if we can...

There's a movie with John Travolta and Robin Williams called Old Dogs I think it came out in 2008 or 2009.

I saw it a few years ago and thought it was pretty funny. Now that I think about it, there were a couple of scenes that I thought were really funny. One part where Travolta took the wrong medicine and his face froze in a funny way.

I just looked it up and it's a Disney film but it isn't 'childish' for lack of a better word and it's PG. I'm pretty sure it's safe yet good.

I hate the lewd movies too. Just when you think it's safe, someone throws out an f-bomb. That makes me so mad. An entire movie movie is ruined for the family just because of one or two words. Or sex being acted out. :soapbox:

Second Hand Lions

Casablanca

African Queen

Blazing Saddles (maybe)

Paint Your Wagon

Rooster Cogburn

The Quiet Man

Some LIke it Hot

The Pink Panther (movie)

The Odd Couple

A Christmas Story

The Princess Bride

Kind Hearts and Coronets

Star Wars

Just to name a few....

We've been trying to find family friendly movies (no violence, language, or sexuality) that the adults will still find interesting. And it seems that we always end up with something unintentionally religious. Anyway, I really liked The Blind Side.

1321837879[/url]' post='369799']

Second Hand Lions

Casablanca

African Queen

Blazing Saddles (maybe)

Paint Your Wagon

Rooster Cogburn

The Quiet Man

Some LIke it Hot

The Pink Panther (movie)

The Odd Couple

A Christmas Story

The Princess Bride

Kind Hearts and Coronets

Star Wars

Just to name a few....

As much as I love Star Wars and The Princess Bride, I don't think you can say they don't include violence. They don't include gratuitous violence, though. I love the sword fights in The Princess Bride! I haven't seen any of the others.

While walking downtown at 5:30 am Thanksgiving day we went past the Movie Threater and saw they were open today and showing the new Muppet Movie. So we made plans to come back into town at 4:30 to watch it, VERY FUNNY movie, so when it comes out on DVD you will have to get it and watch. Good to see all the old Muppets are still around! :sHa_sarcasticlol:

:AmishMichael2:

Archived