MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

brown sugar glaze

Hi all,

I am having a ham for Christmas, its a plain smithfield ham (with bone) I want to give it some flavor. If you have a glaze or a idea how to give it some flavor please let me know. Thanks

Also I so love this site don't post much but read everyday.

HAve a very Merry CHRISTmas and a great New Year

Pineapple Ham Glaze

1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed

1 tablespoon cornstarch

1/4 teaspoon salt

1 (8 1/2 ounce) can crushed pineapple with syrup

2 tablespoons lemon juice

1 tablespoon prepared mustard

Mix brown sugar, cornstarch and salt in a small saucepan. Stir in pineapple, its syrup, lemon juice and mustard. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil.

Yields 1 3/4 cups.

I'm cooking our ham now--no room to refrigerate or freeze in one piece! I mixed half a pint of my zucchini marmalade with a heaped tsp. of ground mustard and a heaped tsp. of ground cloves, made a paste and slapped it on. It smells great right now! Knew I would find a use for the rest of that marmalade. It's been sitting since we went gluten free--no bread to eat it on!

I just mix brown sugar, a dash ground clove and a dash of ground cinnamon with a little juice to make a paste.

The juice is what ever I have like, pineapple, orange, peach or apple.

Funny, as we are having ham too!

I like this one better then what we did last year ..............

So I may make it for Christmas Dinner.

Thanks- :AmishMichael2:

snapshit miki- melt down the marmalade, add vinegar until it has a little zing and use it for sweet-sour sauce with a stir fry. Ive seen all manner of jellies used that way....also to zing up BBQ sauces.

snapshit miki- melt down the marmalade, add vinegar until it has a little zing and use it for sweet-sour sauce with a stir fry. Ive seen all manner of jellies used that way....also to zing up BBQ sauces.

Thanks! That's a good idea and I am making Chinese food for Christmas dinner! Also a most interesting take on my name! I was laughing so hard I was crying!!!!! Thanks for the humor!!!!!!

Archived