MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

another "you might be a prepper" list

ROBIE

I found another of those "you might be a prepper" type lists on another site, and thought it fits some of us real well...

1. You eagerly wait for the next edition of the Emergency Essentials catalog to come in the mail.

2. You kept the last 15 editions of the catalog even though they advertise the same things over and over again.

3. 20,000 rounds of ammunition still doesn’t seem like enough.:busted:

4. You know when you are down to 18,787 rounds.

5. You will drive to the store to buy a 5 pound bag of rice for dinner even though you have 300 pounds stored in buckets in your basement.

6. You complain about your wife’s clothes cluttering the closet but you can barely walk in your basement due to shelves of food and supplies.

7. You have busted your lip with a bucket opener while trying to open the d**m things. Come on…admit it! Okay…I admit it… that particular sealed lid kicked my as..:gdtmi:

8. You price compare a 50 pound bag of hard red wheat to a 45 pound bucket… and then spend more than 3 hours thinking about where you will put it.

9. You actually know what a 3 Sisters Garden is.:shrug: (I dont)

10. You have internally debated with yourself on whether or not you could eat your pet.

11. You have thought about places to bury your mono vault.

12. You no longer have time to look at all the cool prepping websites you have found while surfing the web.

13. You scratch your head in curiosity and think WTF?! when you see preppers on TV.frying%20pan.gif:banghead: (guilty!)

14. You know the silver content of your coins.

15. You can name, off the top of your head, more than 4 companies that sell long-term food in #10 cans.

16. You read the descriptions of each model of Berkey Water Filters at least 6 times before you purchased.

17. You own a Berkey and you still read the descriptions.

18. Deep down inside you always wonder if zombies are real…or at least wish they were.

Robie :laughkick:

Y'know.....no one laughs this hard without it being true!

And further truth....I had to come here to laugh today cuz reading about the startling swiftness in the rise of Christian persecution [over on Glenn Beck and other places] had me scared silly. :o

So....as I've advised before....take a step back, slowly.... now hit MrsS and come home for a while.

MtRider [....but....the news is NOT funny! Serious, very serious! MtRider goes off to see if the March Emergency Essentials catalog is in her mailbox yet..... ;) ]

Robie, I don't know if it was you or the list-maker that didn't know what a 3-sister garden is,but.........................

They are great for small gardens as they take up less space, grow well together and support each other . AND are just FUN to grow so you can tell people that visit your garden all about the hows and whys they work so well.

*The History of gardens is sure a lot of fun to read about and learn from doing things the 'old way'.

:AmishMichael2:

Archived