MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Warm Weather

The weather forecast here has the highs in the 70s for this week and weekend! This feels more like May/June than mid-March!!

It's sunny today. I had to take the flannel sheets and extra blanket off of the bed. I have laundry hanging outside, the windows are open, my flower bulbs and garlic are coming up...what happened to Winter?

The fruit farmers in southwestern Michigan are nervous. Chances are way too good that we could have a killing frost/freeze later by April. And all the fruit trees and vines are budding! :o

But yes, it's beautiful outside. I've had the windows open all day. :wub:

Strange here too. We really didn't have any winter to speak of this year. It is almost 10:00pm here in northern Ohio and the temp is 69 degrees.

It was nice to not have to pay for snow plowing this year and it was great on my heating bill; I wonder what the consequences (sp) will be down the road in the long run. :shrug:

86+ in the shade today.

I am hoping this is not a sign of what summer is going to be like. :knary:

However, the forecast for Saturday through Thursday is predicting mid 60's for the high and possible rain with this cold front coming in off the ocean.

I am puzzled about this too, Cat. was just thinking oh this will be nice for the farmers but up here we dont even plant til late April usually and I am wondering if we don't get a doozy of a frost one night just at the wrong time for crops and blooms and such. We have had two bad years of crops here and it would sure be nice if everything went a lot smoother this year around here and other regions but there is no telling. All it takes is another adjustment in the jet stream. Which we have no control over.

LOL, Annarchy, last time I talked abit with my dad he was saying it was 85 in Palm Springs. Im sure he enjoys it, but I was happy with 49 and yes its been alot warmer and I see the buds starting on the trees outside here and a slight tinge of green on some of the lawn that gets sun most of the time already.

Its been nice to have the windows open more :D But I really wonder how hot it could really get if its 30 degrees hotter already. Last night we had a touch of lightening and thunder for a while as a cell passed over. I was thinking, wow! already?? but its been nice enough to go out and walk in a sweatshirt rather than heavy jacket and gloves and hat and I know there are others who were already wearing shorts I bet. Some do around here. I think they are looking to freeze their legs and feet off if the temps bottom out suddenly after a couple hours and that does happen so I tend to just lighten up the layers when I am on errands or going for a walk at this point.

It was nice just taking the garbage out this evening, lol, not having to get all dressed out in winter gear just for five minutes or less outside.

It might be in the 70s though in the next few days so I might be wearing shorts then, but will check forecasts before I would go anywhere all day in them without long clothes with me.

ha~! as to linens and blankets , yes, the temps have been so up and down inside as things have fluctuated and I was cooking alot I guess one day, it is hit or miss with me, which I think confuses the dickens out of Miss Macy the cat when she sees me trying to arrange things so I can sleep comfortably, lol.

When I finally have it right, she seems to think that is when she can get up and lay right on my spot of course, lol. Or she decides its time for her marathoning in the dark. ( which means she is running and dodging all over the rooms here to her own amusement ). Or bouncing from bed to window seat or back up on bed and behind my head on the shelf I have for her.

Which gains her a wry look or two until she settles down.

Other nights it could be nearly vice versa, lol and shes looking at me , miffed because I cannot settle down and relax. ha!

but if its too warm, I don't sleep either. Right now it is a mix as far as comfort with linens. Once it stabilizes again its not so unsettled.

Archived