MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Looks like I won't be around here much for a while

Deb2of9

We have been having some trouble with my modem for a few weeks now. It is kept in my brother's room and he knocked the lamp over on it one night and burnt a hole in the plastic. Well, apparently it was worse off than we thought, because now it smells like something is burning when we use it. Can't replace it right now, so it is the library for internet access for me now. I am on vacation this week, but after this work will keep me so busy, I will find it hard to get here and if I do it will not be more than once a week. Since I will be missing out on a lot that is going on here, I will just have to keep praying for all of you on here and your families, for whatever needs come up. I will try to check in every week or so until we can get the modem replaced, just with the car, reduced hours at work, extra people in my house and life in general, I don't know when I will get the money to replace the modem.

I may look up a satellite sort of flash drive like thing, myself, Deb. I think there is a service fee but it might be cheaper than my cable company and be 4G for sure.

I have a bit of a pickle going on and have to cut the Internet for a while too unless I go to library with laptop or kindle, probably kindle as I can check in here with it ok. If it does not require a fancy name brand cell phone, might be just the thing for me.

I am sorry your modem met the lamp. Makes me think of the old brass lamp I have here on my table . I was thinking about moving it in favor of an unused desk lamp that has a lower profile........ good idea.

Take care and we will be thinking and praying for you and your concerns too. It seems the time these days that prayer is most needed, no matter what is going on and even if you cannot chat readily, there are people all over thinking about us , each of us that some how found a niche here.

Sometimes modern technology or finances give us a wiggle but Mrs S is always here, granted there has been no EMP, but even then, this is a community and we have gotten to know each other and care, even when we have no way of getting the words out, somehow, they know or think of us as we go about our days and nights.

They all have uplifted me and kept me safe with prayers and such , and its a big help. I am amazed. It is making good things happen despite the difficulties I am facing just now that feel insurmountable alot of days and nights or moments.

Deb - is there a local computer repair store near you? It may be worth a call or a visit. Explain your situation and ask if they have any old modems sitting around that they would sell you for a reasonable price. We picked up a decent spare desktop for my 87 yo mil to surf with for $50.00. It's perfect for her needs but was inadequate for the gamer who traded it in. You might also want to try local church thrift stores. Best of luck to you and I hope to hear from you soon! (((Deb)))