MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

I am now a widow

Even when you know it is coming, it is hard to be a widow. My prayers are with you at this time. Try not to be too hard on yourself, don't be afraid to go slow if that is what you feel like doing. You will cry at odd times, but it is part of the healing of mourning. It will take a while to adjust, as well, so don't be surprised if things just seem haywire for a bit...it will pass. I am glad you had your special someone for the time you did, because so many people never find that someone at all. Treasure and hold tight to your happy memories; they will help you see past the sorrow you have now.

I am so very sorry for your loss. We also welcome you back home here. Please use all of us to help you go forward in your new life.

You have a very good support group with family and friends, and for that, you are very fortunate. Martianchick is right---take a breath, take your time with your decisions. It is critical to helping yourself and your future. I know you will find all of your answers and your peace of mind.

sending hugs and prayers your way and agreeing with martianchick payoff bills but take time to make large decisions such as a house change if you canafford to stay where you are having walked a similar path as it is never the same for 2 of us take your time and take care of you and your sons and if you need a shoulder give me a holler

• 2 weeks later...