MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!!

txliberty

I know everyone has their favorite side dishes for the turkey and ham. My family always wants me to make the Squash Dressing and the Eggplant Casserole. I just took them out of the oven. I have a huge family, and I love our big get together every year.

I felt kinda sad this morning thinking about the ones that we lost since last Thanksgiving. But the Lord reminded me about the sweet little one born in our family last week. And we are looking for 2 more at any time! " ...the Lord gave, and the Lord hath taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord."

We are so blessed my friends. Every day should be Thanksgiving! Happy Thanksgiving everybody!!!

Happy Thanksgiving. Girl-child is on her 4th sweet potato pie (baking, not eating) and they are getting better as she refines her experiment. Of course, she puts enough sugar in it to make sawdust taste good. . . . . I did my "eats like a meal" stuffing. Just need to pop it in the oven in a few hours to warm up.

I was talking to a cashier at the grocery store and she said that it's a scientific fact that there are no calories this week - so I should be good to go.

My folks cooked solo this Thanksgiving. Sometimes I stay overnight there to help out but ....I'd just had a fatigue episode at their house that scared my dad so he said he was doing the cooking. ....doesn't...know...how... So he helped as he could and my mom till did most of it. We all cleaned up. It worked. But all of us but my dad would go to a restaurant for turkey sandwiches just to save energy. But....of course home cooked meal can't be topped. So....we've successfully 'done it' again. :feedme: 'Course I fell asleep on the half hour ride home again.... My folks are probably already in bed. We'll know we've had a "big deal" with fatigue for a couple days. .....at what point is it wise to give up traditional celebrations and ....have sandwiches? :scratchhead:

Seeee.....we need the next younger generation like GP's girl. Sweet potato pie beats pumpkin any day. :thumbs: But our next generations are a loooong way away. Probably having turkey cooked in a Hawaiian imu [pit cooking]. Hard to do that in CO with the ground frozen.... ;) But it's good stuff!

MtRider Happy Thanksgiving.....count your blessings....I got a big surprise blessing today. :):pray:

Money from a surprising source.....so mebbe we can arrange some sort of mechanical transportation for me to get up my hill. Will put 'doing chores' back in the category of reasonably safe.

MtRider :) God has been answering our prayers on this but has apparently decided it's time for this aspect of the answer... :amen: