MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Old Man Winter Cometh

On 1/22/2020 at 8:14 PM, The WE2's said:

It's been raining most of the day but supposed to turn to snow later on.  Calling for a couple of inches "maybe".  We often don't get the weather they call for.  We live in a little 10 mile radius "bubble". 

Same thing today...

Yesterday we got about 4 inches of snow before it stopped.  Our landline went down but our internet stayed??? figure that one out because our internet goes through our landline!  Then this morning the landline worked for about an hour and then they both went down.  The tech called and said there was trouble several blocks away and fixed it there.  Still wouldn't work.  Came here and found a loose connection at the pole (even though our line is underground to the pole).  Anyway...finally got things up and running! :cele:Got somewhat warmer today so a lot of the snow melted off.  Hubby was able to get to the homestead and back safely.  The graders don't clear the side streets etc., until all the snow routes are cleared.  The highway department always keeps the state highways cleared.  We'll need to make a trip to the Roost, to "make our presence known"...pulling up into the drive and back a few times, tramping through the snow to the door and back...Make sure the furnace is on, the water is still running (we flush the toilet when we go and wait for it to refill) and make sure the lamp in the living room is on...you know the routine of a vacant house ! :)

• Like 2

This has been one of the warmest winters I can remember. We hover in the mid to high 40's during the day. The 10 Day forecast looks about the same. We had one week 

where it was cold but that was short lived. We've had a total of about 4 inches of snow total. That didn't last long because it's so warm. Of course that didn't prevent the city snow plow from knocking my mail box sideways. If they would just slow down a little...

Ack! I don't know why that quote box popped in there. And I don't know how to make it go away. Just ignore please.  :icon19:

• Haha 2
  • 1 year later...

Well, winter is certainly here in Ohio. We didn't get as much snow as they predicted. Only about five inches. Half of what they said. Enough for the snow plow to move my mail box...again. It's still sort of upright so that's going to have to be good enough for now.  But mixed in with the snow was sleet. I heard the roads became nasty with that mixture. 

But we are very cold this year. A lot of states are having rolling blackouts. In the middle of winter? Could all of this be from the solar minium? Or fear of computer hackers to the grid. Even Texas who have their own grid system aren't immune.