MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Old Man Winter Cometh

It was freezing this morning. Low thirties. Then high of 43 but felt colder with the wind. Tomorrow we are suppose to warm up a bit but rain coming late afternoon.  Glad it won't be raining in moring as we have a 45 minute drive to get to the Hospital where DH's heart doctor will be instead of his office near us. But he needs to be seen and they are taking him on a work in. So we need to go rain or shine. Just hope I can get him to feeling better before Christmas. He has really had a rough 4 months of it. Time to get it figured out and get him on the path to healing. I guess you can tell, I have been very worried about him. 

• Sad 1

Its been cold here. In the 20's but yesterday the wind chill was 7.  It felt like it too.

It is supposed to be in the 40's tomorrow and into next week. Both in Ohio and Indiana. Strange weather for the northern part of Ohio and Indy at the end of December.

Would you believe it's Dec. 21st. In northern Ohio and the temperature is 46 degrees! 

And to think I paid a year in advance for snow plowing. Pffft. We had better get some major snow fall in Jan. and Feb. 

Maybe a late winter arrival will mean it will last longer. Hope not. Or maybe a late winter will mean an early spring. Guess we'll see.  :shrug:

• Like 1

Cold here as well.  Was 23 degrees last night and tonight will be in low 20's but warming up tomorrow afternoon.  Christmas day is suppose to be 60 degrees. So no fireplace for this Christmas again this year. Going to pull out my DVD fireplace to use instead of the real deal. 

I think old man winter is going to come in a bit late. But I sure hope it will end by end of March if not sooner. I really don't handle cold that well. 

Been in the 40's for a couple of days so most of the snow has melted off.  Today was 50+ and very pleasant!  Forecast calls for several days of 50+ weather...so we'll be bracing for the winter solstice!  We're thinking about a day trip/or ??? in Miss B to just get out of dodge and enjoy this lovely weather while we have it...besides...hubby needs a break and me and Abby-girl need some time in the sun!

• Like 1

:008Laughing:   My ducks usually come on out in the snow.  But they can always go back in to warm up their toes.  :lol:  That was funny....what a huge herd ..um, flock of ducks in the second one!  I saw Indian Runner ducks - the ones that stand straight up tall.  We've had a few of them thru the years.  Those and our Campbell ducks are the best egg layers.  Nearly an egg a day year 'round.  Our ducks are the Khaki Campbell and it looked like some of them in the bunch.  The basically look like huge mallard ducks.....which they have been bred from. 

MtRider  .....awww, I think I'm gonna miss my ducks too.  Weird, goofy little creatures that they are...  :wub: 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

It's COLD here!  We dodged a bullet both times those storms moved through, but we didn't on the cold.  With the high humidity it just chills you to the bone...and does it very quickly.  Our city has a couple of warming shelters that have been keeping open for several days.  All the snow and ice melted off right away because we didn't get much, but that was only a day's worth of above freezing and sunshine. But...our winter's are usually in late Dec, Jan and Feb.  Sometimes in March. :frozen:

• Like 1

It finally got cold here. In the teens. It was brutally cold here last night because the wind was blowing so hard.

We also got enough snow to plow. I was starting to wonder. I paid the snow plow guy for the season instead of for each time and we haven't had any snow at all. :grinning-smiley-044:

• Like 1

Needed to get out to go pay insurance bills on the Roost and this place (we have to pay it monthly for the time being), and it was snowing.  Big, wet flakes and slicker than you know what!  Almost got stranded at an intersection that has an incline...but hubby was able to maneuver the passenger side tires over onto new snow, and was able to inch our way forward until we could "get a grip" and go on.  Everybody saw our situation and patiently waited for us...even though they had the lights.  Prayed a blessing over every one of them peoples! 

Sure felt good to get home! 

We ended up with about 2 inches or so, but the city didn't plow anything.  The state did the major thoroughfares and that's what we thought would be the safest.  Well...everybody else was thinking just like us!  That made the roads extremely slick, especially at the intersections.

So...it was a hunker down day.  

• Like 3

Try to stay safe and warm everyone.

Early morning temp in TX was in the 40’s, 50’s by the time I got on the road.  50’s through NM...  and 80*F !!!! In Tucson.  Yup, that’s AZ for ya.  78* and overcast, when I drove into our driveway.  

Today, it is sprinkling, 1/4” of water in my rain catchers, indicating it either sprinkled all night or we got a nice downpour.  

:amen:

• Like 1

DH and I were counting down the weeks left of winter....aka SNOW potential.  Somehow, we're a good portion thru January already.  WHERE have I been?   Not that I'm complaining about a chunk of winter gone w/o having to shovel, mind you. 

MtRider  ....hate snow ....hate pain.....I can watch snow on the Internet.  Oh look, pretty....not here!

• Like 1

Just plain COLD again today.  The humidifier is on most of the time because the furnace keeps kicking on to keep the house warm...and that pulls the moisture out of the air. Our noses let us know we were too dry!  I spent the day in a sweat suit and wool socks.  In the mornings we turn on our EdenPur in the living room to knock the chill off.  We keep our furnace set at 68 and sleep in long handles, a wool blanket between the mattress and sheet and a sheet and fleece blanket over us.  I'm going to pull out another fleece tonight to make things warmer.

I hear MO has a lot of those weather anomaly 'bubbles".  Must be really tough to be a weather forecaster there.

We've had lows at nite either at zero or at 20*.  Daytime has been hovering around the low 30's.  Mild for our January.  I'll TAKE IT!  :) 

MtRider  ....Stay safe on icy stuff, everyone.