MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Cleaning solutions for COVID19

MidnightMom,  That is some great advice.  Those are things we should never mix together. 

I have been cleaning most of the day.  But I am using Oxivir Tb. It is a general Vinucide, Bactericide, Tuberculocide, and fungicide sanitizer. It will kill the coronavirus.  Not cheap but because it will kill the virus I got it anyway. So today mopped floors, cleaned bathrooms, countertops and such down with it. Though it is not in our area yet, DH is trying to get that sinus infection and I want to nip it in the bud before he starts up with it like before. 

• Like 1

I thought there was a cleaning tip from loooooooooooooooooooooooong ago that said using vinegar and hydrogen peroxide was a good disinfectant/cleaner. The instructions were to separately spray each one on the countertops, etc, then wipe it off with a paper towel. Does anyone else remember that cleaning tip???

ETA:

FOUND IT!  

Edited by Midnightmom

Here’s the disinfectant solution recommended by the CDC, for killing the virus on a non-porous surface.

Use unexpired household bleach.

The CDC’s recipe calls for diluting 5 tablespoons (or ⅓ cup) of bleach per gallon of water, or 4 teaspoons of bleach per quart of water.”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

White Vinegar is a natural disinfectant but not sure even if you do use peroxide with it, that it would be effective on the coronavirus. I do clean with it but I am now using either bleach or the oxivir cleaner. I don't mix those either. When I go out tomorrow morning to store, I will be looking for bleach but don't think I will find any.  I am good for now as I have 5 gals. of bleach and the htp pool shock to make more. I will be saving my bleach bottles for that. 

• Like 1

Yeah....that was a looooong time ago! 

OK....got to remember that an anti BACTERIAL cleaner does not do well for VIRUS.  This is apparently, if I'm reading correctly, antibacterial.  It will clean other things in your kitchen/etc tho.  Just not viruses. 

MtRider  ....all disinfectants are not alike.  :dusting:  :dishes:  

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/21/2020 at 6:05 PM, Mt_Rider said:

Yeah....that was a looooong time ago! 

OK....got to remember that an anti BACTERIAL cleaner does not do well for VIRUS.  This is apparently, if I'm reading correctly, antibacterial.  It will clean other things in your kitchen/etc tho.  Just not viruses. 

MtRider  ....all disinfectants are not alike.  :dusting:  :dishes:  

I keep having to think of that.  Don't always remember.

• Like 1