MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Are you cooking for Father's Day?

Who's cooking today?  Our son is not very good about special days.  Oh, he'll drop by sometime today to wish his dad a Happy Father's Day but that's about it.  Our daughter, who's the one that would do something lives 1800 miles away.  Sooooo, I will be fixing hubby, his favorite meal, ham dinner with all the trimmings.  He'll be a happy man!

What are you fixing for your father and/or husband?

• Like 2

We will have some of the family stop in for at least a little while today. But they are fathers or have fathers in their households and will be busy celebrating with their own families. I am fixing a pork loin roast with sweet potatoes, vegetable, and a peach cobbler. 

• Like 2

We are going out for brunch today. My hubby loves IHOP...but we’ve tried to cut out eating out as we’ve gotten older. So on Father’s Day we do IHOP. Two of our kids will be with us.

• Like 2

We have 2 kids at home still and 2 grown.    DH got a nice box of grill items as that is something he enjoys.  Yesterday I cut up meat into the marinade and this morning I cut up veggies into some different marinade.   DD14 and I will skewer them in a bit and DH will grill everything.  

Lunch menu:  

Kabobs (beef, smoked sausage, hot dogs, chicken, onion, bell peppers in 4 colors, mushrooms, pineapple.) Meat marinade is homemade greek.  Veggie is homemade italian with pineapple juice

Potato salad (amish mustard type)

Hummus with garlic   & chips

Watermelon

I decided to make a cardboard /basket out of an amazon box rather than wrap everything to give it more of a DIY-man feel.    Dh cut the basket handles in for me but thought I was working on a summer craft for the kids.   I made him some homemade dry rub that he wants try sometime in the next week or so.  I need to thaw more meat.  

20220619_082935 (1).jpg

Edited by euphrasyne
  • Like 5

After eating we went to an area near our local university and just sat and relaxed. I was laying on a blanket and got a bunch of pictures and videos of the ducks. One of them walked right up onto the blanket by my head. They’re very used to people…

803DB1A1-6E6C-4667-A113-6F1FD867E7A3.jpeg

2D2310C2-5E91-47FE-838B-FDCEE361F638.jpeg

Edited by dogmom4
  • Like 3