MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Midnightmom

:pray:   Happy Day of THANKFULNESS!   :pray:  

I'm thankful to still have Mom and all the rest of the family...those in my generation (Bro and DH...and a few cousins)  Those in the next generation (DD1&2, DSIL, Niece)  and the next generation (GS1&2).  We've never been a prolific family and we're stretched from the East coast to Hawai'i.  Soooo far apart that only modern technology can keep us updated with each other.  :pc_coffee:   But we can still have a lot of laughs  :coffeescreen:  And ...we don't have an icon for telephones, do we?  But I used that to connect with Maui and Mom today.  Email for Bro.  Email recently for cousins. 

Had a good Thanksgiving potluck on Sunday with church family.   :yum3:    DH and I had "Marie's" frozen turkey dinner today....with the addition of green bean/fried onion/stuff.  Um, the green bean stuff was good....... :rolleyes:    :lol:  Dog did Marie's "dishes".  

But I've learned that all my MUST HAVE items for traditional holidays....really don't matter so much anymore.  DH and I are warm and fed.  Well mostly warm...since we set the furnace back in the evening and it's probably in the 20's outside by now.  The cold does seep into this leaky old cabin so going to bed soon would be advisable.  But we can afford this with DH working only 2 days per week.  His back appreciates that.  We're no where near going hungry.... :lol:  ...definitely.  We have warm clothes and one of those special Colorado mountain views right out the windows of this rustic cabin in the woods.  Even a pond.....cuz I'm one that realllly enjoys a water feature.  (our water fowl like it too ...but they're upset cuz it's frozen now)  I'd REALLY like a wee bit larger house for storage.....mouse and rat free, if I was putting in requests.  But....then I'd have further to walk on days that are not going so well.  :lol:   Just kidding....with more room I could whizz around in my chair!  

Honestly, we're content with what we have in this time of our lives.  We're not in debt.  We won't starve - save something catastrophic destroying our 'stuff' or requiring a hasty exit from our neighborhood.  We're instantly connected to long-term friends/family short of something destroying the technology.  We've got fewer nearby friends cuz they keep moving away!  :(     Or passing on to heaven.  :shrug:   We've got health issues but nothing deadly or too expensive.  

Other than missing our Hawai'i and Virginia family......we got nuthin' to complain about ......and SO much to be thankful for!!!!  :hapydancsmil:

MtRider   :amen:   .....although I'm praying for a mild winter with not much deep snow  :pray:  cuz we're gettin' too old for that! :frozen:  

• Like 3

Well, I missed this but glad everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. 

I had a great time at my DGD's house.  Lots to eat and GS is fussing because he didn't get any sweet potato casserole to bring home. But then he didn't ask for any. Maybe I will get the energy to make a small one just for him.