MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Another Upgrade. 03/13/24

I think I will do the update between 7-9am MST...tomorrow morning.  Every time I have come on to do it today, there have been several users logged in.  I would hate it, if I deleted a post, because, I did the update while you were typing your posts.  BTDT, to myself!  :008Laughing:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
3 hours ago, Annarchy said:

I think I will do the update between 7-9am MST...tomorrow morning.

But... but... but... we’re on DST?? :wacko::shrug:

*soooo... necie adds 2 hours for eastern... subtracts an hour for standard...* 

Ah, whatever... I’ll just keep my mouth shut til after noon. :happy0203:

• Haha 3

Lol.   MST is AZ desert….

DST….DeSerT?     Never mind…..  :coffeescreen:

If I wake up early enough,  I will do it as early as I can.  I will update this thread when it finishes….  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
1 hour ago, Annarchy said:

Lol.   MST is AZ desert….

DST….DeSerT?     Never mind…..  :coffeescreen:

Ahhhh... does Arizona still not change time? So always on Mountain Standard Time? 

DST= Daylight Savings Time

I’m on Eastern time zone. It just switched to DST on Sunday... still kicking my @ss. :mornincoffee:

• Like 2

With all the feet of snow coming into the Northern Rockies....my area may go POOF for a while if this spring HEAVY snow brings down tree branches with power lines entangled. 

MtRider  :hidingsmile: 

• Like 1

5 am and all is well....

We never change our time.  I guess that's why it is hard for me to keep up with the changes. 

Doing the Upgrade now......

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Annarchy said:

We never change our time.  I guess that's why it is hard for me to keep up with the changes.

Indiana didn’t used to change time. We just started doing it 15 years ago or so. There’s still some western counties that don’t change... or stay on Central time.. or something. Confusing. I grew up and lived in Michigan until I was 36. Used to time change. And living close to Indiana, was used to them not changing time. When I lived in Michigan and worked in Indiana, I wore two watches for each time. Half the time they’d be the same and half the time they’d be an hour difference. Everyone thought I was nuts... I never denied it. 🤷‍♀️ 😂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hawaii doesn't change for obvious reasons.  Their daylight nearer the equator is pretty constant.  So we have two times - 4 hrs different in _________ and 3 hrs difference in ___________

Now if someone could fill in those blanks for me....cuz I canNOT remember which is which.  It's written down on the phone list.  Yes, a PAPER phone list! 

MtRider  ...some of us are antiquated.  :lol:  

1 hour ago, Mt_Rider said:

4 hrs different in _________ and 3 hrs difference in ___________

4 hrs= Daylight Savings 

3 hrs= Standard 

• Thanks 1
13 hours ago, Annarchy said:

From what I “heard”, TPTB are supposed to get rid of the time change next year.

They’ve been *trying* for years. They keep putting off voting on it. It’s also up for staying on DST. So... do those on Standard time that don’t change,  then have to change? Or stay on Standard and still be different? 🤷‍♀️ 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

IDK which time we are on, just that it never changes.  I love the spring and summer, because it gets light early.  Spring is around 6 am, summer 4:30-5 am. Evenings come around 7-8 pm.  A lot of time for me to work outside.  Fall & winter, daylight is only from 7am- 6ish pm.

Yeah, I’ve always been different….:grinning-smiley-044:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Central and south Arizona don't do daylight savings, nor does Hawaii.  I used to work for a trucking company in worker's compensation so I had to know these things.  People call at all hours of the day.  

Edited by euphrasyne
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, euphrasyne said:

I used to work for a trucking company in worker's compensation so I had to know these things. 

DH drove grain truck for years between Chicago, Toledo/Detroit before Indiana started doing time change. Being based in Indiana he had to keep track of which state was on which time. During standard time (winter), OH/MI was the same as Indiana and Illinois was an hour behind. During daylight savings (summer), IL was on the same time and OH/MI were an hour ahead. Used to drive him nuts when he’d get somewhere and they weren’t open yet... or (God forbid!!) already closed. :tapfoot:

• Like 2
  • Confused 1