MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Hello from louisiana

Deerslayer

Hi everyone--I live in Louisiana but am originally from Texas (where my heart still is). I am married to the most wonderful man in the world, and we have three great grown children. Two girls ages 23 and 19 and a son age 22. I work as a social worker with infants with special needs. My husband is a pipefitter and works away from home, so I home alone a lot. The two youngest kids still live on my property in guest houses. I have been a prepper for about 15 years. I love to quilt, garden and can. We have a boxer, siberian huskie, and my special baby, a yorkie. We also have several cats and lots of almost tame racoons and squirrels. I have been a lurker here for a very long time, but finally decided it was time to join. newhere

Yea--my kids think of this (louisiana) as home--but it will never be home to me. It is just way to different down here. We are 12 hours from where I grew up.

Funny thing is that I grew up 15 miles from a river. I move 12 hours away and end up living 15 miles from that same river. Everything here is different--esp. the weather... i grew up with twister not this fishing plus i really miss the and snow frozen plus the people down here seen to be A LOT more dependent on the government than I am used to. there is not much self-reliance or self responsibility down here. Nice to meet a fellow Texan.

I wanted to say hi and welcome as well. lovemrss I have a yorkie baby,too.(1 yr.old)His name is Maximus,Max for short.Max stays busy keeping his brothers and sisters(8 cats,one other dog,mixed)in line.They steal your heart,don't they?Is yours in long coat,or do you keep it cut?I groomed Max into puppy cut this summer,but am in process to grow it out longer for winter.Mimi

Mine is a one year old named Rowdy Hunter--He is not a miniture. He is about 10 lbs. I keep him cut pretty short due to the heat here, plus he has to wear shirts. He has had a feeding tube for about 9 months and the only way to keep him from cheewing on it is to wear shirts and I don't want him to get too hot so I pretty well keep him about 3 inches long. Any shorter and he would mess with his tube. He is the light of my life and even goes to work with me. I can't ever seem to keep dogs with long hair. They always seem to get rats in it--i guess i don't comb them enough. He will be getting his feeding tube out soon, clapsmilieso keep your fingers crossed for me. He has more shirts than I do, so i doubt that will change. plus, he can't seem to function without one.

Archived