MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Hiya from Seattle!

KittyMc

Hello all!

My name is Kitty, I'm a mama to 3 kids (7 year old daughter, 6 year old twin sons, we are thinking about going for #4 this year). I’ve been married to my hubby for 8 years. I am a military brat, so I can’t ever think of a time where “being prepared” wasn’t at least somewhere in my mind. I am also a tightwad as well as a bit of an environmentalist, so even before I started putting together a prep plan I was into sustainable living (cloth diapering, reusing things, keeping things simple).

Now that my kids are all a bit older and I have some breathing room I’ve been working on making our home and property a true suburban homestead. I heard about this site from another survivalist board I’m on. Not that I don’t love men as much as anyone else, I do, but I’ve been craving the company of like minded ladies for awhile, there’s only so many “in the PAW I will have me a harem of pretty young things so we can repopulate the planet” scenarios I can read before my eyes start rolling out of my head. ;)

Pre-housewife gig I've held a wide variety of jobs, being an ADD/hands on type of person. So I've done everything from running a group home for the developmentally disabled, to corrections work, to working with large livestock (primarily cattle, some sheep and swine) and poultry. Almost everything has helped contribute to my interest and skills in prepping. I'm looking forward to getting some new ideas, and hanging with some like minded ladies! :)

welcomewagon.gif Glad to have you!

We have a few fellas here too, but just threaten to toss a chicken at 'em and they'll behave.

:wave::welcome: Glad you joined up! Sounds like you certainly have it going on. I am a navy veteran, lots of vets in the family, so I guess I know what you are talking about! My ds and dil both marines/vets.... so it continues. Its great that you have the experience you do. I bet we learn things from you! Don't be shy about joining in on the threads. Fireside forum can give you alot of different scenario stories to choose from if you like. There have been some terrific stories written by women here and some good ones from the men too. Bit of everything there.

:welcome:

Welcome! I live south of you in a lovely city (home of Burgerville) :happy0203: near the Oregon border. :wave:

I agree that the ZPAW world can be rather tiring. I so appreciate MrsS becuase of the practical and timely advice that is so very pertinent to daily living. I came to Mrs S after I was given some pressure canners and I had NO CLUE about what to do with them. Since then, I've become a canning maniac and I've made such good friends along the way!

So glad you're here. Have fun exploring. We have threads on just about every imaginable topic and then some.

:welcome::welcome4:

Gotta get back to my chores.

:clothesline::canning::americanflag:

• 2 months later...

Archived