MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

A New Member from CT

Hi everyone,

I am so glad to have stumbled upon this site in my internet wanderings. I am fairly new to the "prepper" mindset, but now that I've accepted it, I'm not sure why I resisted it for so long. I think that it took me becoming a mother to really, finally "buy into" my husband's mindset of being prepared for whatever may come. I also have to say that, it only takes watching the news for five minutes, or reading the front page of the newspaper, to give me 1,000 reasons why it is important for me and my family to be more self-reliant and prepared. I have stopped prescribing to the "Ostrich" mindset, where I just stick my head in the sand and think that if I ignore what's going on around me that it won't affect me. I now know that I need to learn skills and acquire tools to keep myself safe and ready in the future.

I am so happy to find a website for a female prepper. Most of what I have been reading or researching online comes from a male perspective. I thank you all for the great info you have put here.

-A Prepared Mom

Come on in and make yourself at home. We are always glad to have another member! Lots of good safe info here to enjoy, and all questions are welcome... so don't be shy! :behindsofa:

**Cat passes out fresh cinnamon rolls, coffee, and tea**

Welcome! So glad you found us!

Yes, we are unique in that we understand the woman's perspective. If you feel overwhelmed, we can help you through it; if you want to vent, we're here for you. And whatever you want to find, just ask. I'm sure most everything has been covered here somewhere, and we'll help you find it.

And remember... there are NO DUMB QUESTIONS! ;) It's probably been asked before, and if not, you'll be asking what somebody else wants to know, too! :happy0203:

We have guys here, including a couple of shaggy old bears I'd really like to show up more often, but the testosterone doesn't get overwhelming like it does on some forums.

Welcome!

Archived