MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Hello Again

kimba

Hello everyone!! It's been awhile! Finally made it through a rough divorce, which included losing my home of 14 years to foreclosure, along with being diagnosed with 2 chronic illnesses along the way.  My kids (25,22,19) have been wonderful! My oldest daughter is getting married in November so we've been quite busy with that. Myself and the 22 (son) and 19 (daughter) year olds have rented a small cottage on an island near my oldest. It's a two year lease and a nice fresh start. To be honest we all need it. We downsized.....ALOT! So finding homes for preps has become quite a challenge. 

I'm hoping to get some advice on prepping in a small space among other things. 

So Hello to all of you!! I'm glad to be back and looking forward to learning more!

~Kimba 

• Like 4

Good to hear from you, Kimba!!!!  :happy0203:   Sorry to hear about a very rough time.  :(

Where to store more preps?????.....constant question for the preppers!  :gaah:

Hope you'll have time now to stick around and add your insights. 

MtRider  .....an island....  that sounds very neat as long as weather behaves!  :hi:

Thanks Everyone!! The island is nice....but we do get some flooding. Besides the normal high tide stuff, the storms can sometimes keep my kids small cars trapped. My truck can pretty much go through whatever we get. But I do keep plenty of food and water on hand in case we do get flooded in for a bit. Water is my biggest prep concern. I may look into a good water filter, I am surrounded by water...salt water though. 

A good thing about the island is that I'm in the local fire department which has a station here on the island and one off-shore. They're like family to me so I do have them if I need anything.

I'm actually surprised at how creative I'm becoming with the how and where to store things. I'll have to make a post once I figure it all out. Downsizing really helped put things into perspective. The only things that got moved to the new house was stuff I really need or really love! 

This is definitely a new adventure for me! But it's kinda fun too :) 

• Like 5
On 8/30/2017 at 5:54 PM, kimba said:

Thanks Everyone!! The island is nice....but we do get some flooding. Besides the normal high tide stuff, the storms can sometimes keep my kids small cars trapped. My truck can pretty much go through whatever we get. But I do keep plenty of food and water on hand in case we do get flooded in for a bit. Water is my biggest prep concern. I may look into a good water filter, I am surrounded by water...salt water though. 

A good thing about the island is that I'm in the local fire department which has a station here on the island and one off-shore. They're like family to me so I do have them if I need anything.

I'm actually surprised at how creative I'm becoming with the how and where to store things. I'll have to make a post once I figure it all out. Downsizing really helped put things into perspective. The only things that got moved to the new house was stuff I really need or really love! 

This is definitely a new adventure for me! But it's kinda fun too :) 

Berkey baby, Berkey! Wouldn't be caught without ours...along with our Berkey sport bottles and the Sawyer Life Straws.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...