MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

What's Everyone having for Dinner?

It drives me crazy to leave work wondering what in the world to fix for dinner. Tonight however, I did plan ahead and we're having:

Pork Roast with gravy

Green beans

New Red potatoes (just dug up last week)

Rolls

Pudding

What are YOU having for dinner?

Broiled Salmon with lemon thyme, olive oil

salad (as soon as I pick it), a little grated ramano cheese, oil and herbed vinegar

chilled honeydew melon

Ice Tea with a thin slice of lemon

I took left over pot roast and sliced it thin and added it to the gravy I had made yesterday...I toasted some bread, then spooned the beef over the toast for an open faced sandwich.

The left over roasted potatoes I cubed and fried up and had that as a side.

That's one of the few leftovers I like.

lol

since DH is grilling...I put it in the oven for about a half an hour on 350...or until the fork will go into the potato soft...like a regular baked potato...or i put it in a pie you can also wrap it in alum foil with a pat of butter inside and put it on the grill too...i put it to the back a bit so the skin doesnt burn...hope that helps...Q

Just found this recipe and we'll have it tomorrow (Wednesday):

Oh So Good Chicken

1 green pepper in strips (or combo of colored bell peppers)

4 chicken breasts cut into 1" strips or cubes

2 cups cooked rice

1/3 cup sour cream

16 oz. salsa

1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Saute green pepper & chicken in Pam cooking spray until lightly browned (about 5 min.). Pour off the juices. Spread the rice in a 7 x 11 greased pan. Top with peppers and chicken. Mix sour cream & salsa and spoon over chicken. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 min.

Tonight soup and something at church. Different soup every Wed. Don't know what tonight's will be but it will be welcome. Will put on a large batch of chili for tomorrow. DH loves chili and we eat it often. I do change it according to what meat is on sale. Pork, beef, hamburger, ground chicken, make it different if different meat is used. With chicken make it white with canned navy beans jalapenos, chicken broth onion, garlic. With pork just the same as regular chili.

Tonight:

Baked pork chops with homemade onion/BBQ sauce

some sort of potatoes (scalloped, baked or boiled parsley)

green veggie (haven't decided yet on broccoli or green beans)

rolls from a can (

Whenever DH asks me whats for dinner I always tell him, "Whatever was on sale at the grocery store"

Tonight is a big homemade chicken pot pie and a baby greens lettuce salad. One of DH's favorites.

Tomorrow will be special since DS is spending the night. We'll be grilling steaks,mashed potatoes,slaw,corn on the cob and butter cake. Most of these he has requested since his wife cannot or will not fix most of these items. LOL

Archived