MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Did I mention?

Synn

My Grandbaby is a boy???? DD went for a US today and had a picture and you could see it was definately a boy! At one point and time the took a pic and his little hand was on his head as if to say "why me? or woe is me".. SOOO CUTE.. All 10 fingers all 10 toes... Perfect spine.. This Mamaw is sighing a big relief...

Becca Anne is right...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Placenta Previa

What you need to know:

Placenta previa is the term for a “low-lying” placenta that covers all or part of the internal opening of the cervix. The cervix is the exit route from the uterus through which the baby passes during delivery.

Placenta previa occurs in about 1 in 200 pregnancies. It is more common in women who smoke, use cocaine or are over 35. In some women, the condition is diagnosed during a routine ultrasound examination. More than 90 percent of the time, placenta previa diagnosed in the second trimester corrects itself by the end of the pregnancy. Other women have painless bleeding from their vagina during the second half of pregnancy.

If the placenta previa continues towards the end of the pregnancy, the woman may have to stay in the hospital for monitoring until delivery. A cesarean delivery (c-section) is recommended for nearly all women with placenta previa because of the risk of severe bleeding.

http://www.marchofdimes.com/pnhec/188_1132.asp

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It *can* move on its own. She's young, she's healthy, and her doctor knows it's there right now.

Now you know the term (Placenta Previa), you can look up more online.

BUT... don't scare yourself or her. Be glad it's known.

Congratulations!

Having little people around definitely keep us young, it gives you a new lease on life. They also give you a new reason to pray earnestly! So rejoice and enjoy!

Buttercup,

Two things...

First, I had placenta previa with my oldest. Self corrected, though not until late in the pregnancy, she was six weeks early and now she's a typical 13 year old with blue hair and a charming with. All turned out fine. I was on bedrest for quite awhile, but I cheated and went to class (freshman year in college) which is why she was early. Make sure DD understands that listening to doc is SO VERY IMPORTANT!!

Second, please PM me your address if you'd like to have my baby clothes. DH has said definitely no more (he'll be almost 60 when Roan graduates, and that seems to bother him a bit, makes him feel his age), so I'll not be needing them once we're done with them. We're already grown out of the newborn stuff so we should be well enough ahead of you to keep you well stocked, LOL. I'd be happy to ship them off to you! Let me know her due date so I can make sure to get them out in time!

Mommy of Six

• 1 month later...

It has self corrected! That was the news at the last doctors visit.. She goes again this week and I will let you know if it's all still good! I knew last month but didn't want to say anything until I was pretty sure.. I guess I couldn't wait a few more days!

Archived