MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Hello?

mommafitz

Good Friday morning indeed. I'm glad it's Friday even though I have to work tomorrow. My boss is gone for two days so it will be much more mellow at work. Yippee!

Our heatwave is due to break this evening and it's supposed to be around 83 degrees tomorrow.

Livin I am with you! Our weather patterns here in Central Illinois aren't too much different from yours there in MO.. We finally had storms come through last night and cool us off a bit.. It's still going to be hot and humid today and a break tomorrow! I am so ready for that.. My garden will be thankful that I can spend some time in it as well!

What's everyone doing today?

MommaF looks like it finally worked for you! YEA!!!

Hey Peaceful? Glad to see you back and posting more often! I have missed you!

Snowy? I am still waiting on those cookies!

I hope ya'll have a great day!

Hi! I miss you guys. Haven't really been able to read any posts since last Saturday. We have been BUSY. Looks like it's been busy around here, too. (I think it's kinda funny that MrsS is moving and cleaning up and fixing the same time we are.)

Man...I got a LOT done so far today and you guys are still outpacing me! All the dishes are done! The bucket is soaking so I can wash it out and mop. The kitchen is clean. The trash is out. Can you tell we have much cooler weather here, too? LOL. I finally feel like doing something.

Wow, Necie, can't wait to hear more about that house. I LOVE old houses!

Yanno what I like about this quick reply...you can go through and re-read so your comments on others posts are better.

Dinner is pasta salad with chicken in it. And that's it!

Mo7

I don't make it to this room very often to post, but I love to read what everyone else is doing.

Necie, I'm so happy for you on the house! I think it's wonderful to have an old house like that. I hope it brings you all many years of joy.

Good morning all. Today is supposed to be another hot one. Beth was telling me that one of those reader board things a couple miles away said it was 95. Have to hurry and get things finished so I can sit outside again, lol.

My brother worked for some guy in town outside all day and when he got here, he was red and sweaty and wouldn't talk for the longest time. I kept telling him to come sit outside where it was ( a little) cooler, but he wouldn't. I finally found him sleeping in the bathtub (good thing we have a huge tub or it wouldn't be very comfy). DH even turned the shower on him and he still laid there.

I asked if he had any water while he was working, he said yes, but I kind of doubt it. I think he had sun stroke or heat stroke, whatever. I asked him if was od'ing on us (I'm hoping he's not lying when he says he's not using, but still have to ask!), then it occured to me this boy is wearing all black and was probably doing some old man's yard work. He's still sleeping on our couch, I'm getting ready to pour some more water down his throat. Darn kids!

Everyone has done a lot more than me! Necie I'm so jealous too! I love old houses and DH says he'll never live in one (he's seen too many scary movies, the goof!)

Have a great day and stay cool!

Sorry, M'o7! I type slowly and didn't see you here! Congrats again on the baby! I hope you have a great day, just remember to take it easy, and take a nap! I know I'm going to nap, whether I like it or not!

Hi Star! I missed you, too! Good to see you! My deepest sympathies about your cousin, I hope you get to see your aunt soon.

Try hard to get your brother to drink a lot of water. Hard work + hot weather - water = disaster, and could even result in death! It's nothing to play around with, believe me!

Good morning everyone Thank you for the welcome back.

Necie: Sorry you had to clean up such an icky mess but sounds like you're all downhill now moving your things in and cleaning up for yourselves. You have a lot of energy before work! The fair sounded like a great break in the midst of things.

Cat: That's a bummer about your DH's boss. Camp is a great break and everyone.

Mommyofseven: Are you feeling better today? Your dinner sounds good.

Nana: Sounds like LP is having a great week. I ran into a friend and her son, who is about 14, who I haven't seen for a couple of years. Holy moly he is taller than his mom or me but I notice he still has that "kid" face. You think LP is done growing? Life is too short to wear uncomfortable shoes. Stay cool.

Star: I hope your brother is okay. I think it's a guy thing. My DH has done the same thing but he stopped when he got lightheaded. Grrrrrr.

EDIT: I didn't just now get up! I've had to leave right in the middle of writing this several times to tend to other things. Instead of changing the whole beginning, I just left it.

Afternoon everyone! I had such an exhausting day yesterday and didn't go to bed until 6 this morning that I feel like I've been run over by a semi truck...twice. Hubby said I looked like I'd been run over...twice.

Mo7: I agree! The quick reply lets you back up while posting so you can comment on other's posts. How are you feeling today?

Star: It does sound like your brother may have had a heat stroke. He may need to go to the doctor if he's still not acting right. Let us know how he's doing.

Everyone have a great "rest of the day"!

Kaye

I LOVED the post.."IF momma AINT HAPPY, aint nobody Happy", and around here they add...just leave her at the truckstop!!! I can't get my way with anything! Hot & dry when we got home. Am watering the garden...slurping ice tea and trying to figure out why I wanted pork roast for supper!! Keep cool everyone...

Evening everyone. I had a wonderful day with the boss gone. Except for the guy that I have to work with. He's been there three months longer than I have and he knows less than I do. Seems like I spend all of my time trying to straighten him out. Oh well.

Our cold front is moving through and we have a nice cool breeze blowing and it's so nice compared to what it was yesterday.

Hope everyone is having a great start to their weekend. I may not make it here tomorrow. I have to work and then we are having company over tomorrow evening for a BBQ, hubby is cooking. Yippee!

Archived