MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Wednesday Oct 11th

Buttercup

Good Morning everyone.. I just looked at our forecast and it's supposed to Snow tomorrow.. This is the earliest I can remember for Illinois.. What's everyone doing today?? Are you all ready for cold weather???????

In a word, NO. I am not ready for cold weather. My stove pipe is being measured and delivered today, but it won't be installed until the weekend. Figures!

On the bright side, dd and I foraged 10 pounds of walnuts on our walk yesterday. We are going back today with a backpack. It is really hard to carry that many in jacket pockets! Now we just have to figure out what do with them. I have never had walnuts in the green shell before. Ideas?

Hope you all have a great day.

Kim in In

For walnuts, just pick up as many as possible, bag 'em and take 'em to the local huller/buyer & sell them. Then take your $$ and buy some preps. Black walnuts in the hull are messy, smelly and difficult to crack for the amount of nut inside. I grew up with a pair of producing trees as a kid, and while fun for kids, it's not so nice for the adults.

Mornin' all!

Not sure what all I'll get done today. Still have things on my list from yesterday that I didn't get done.

It's cold here too (but no sign of snow yet). I'm not a cold weather person either. Maybe if the trailer wasn't so drafty. But turn on this cruddy forced air heat, and watch the bills go sky high, and feel the drafts take the heat out (it's time to put a blanket over our back door again!).

Today is DS's birthday. He got up early this morning singing, "Happy birthday to me!" Can't believe he's 6 already. I gave him the present from me already. I got him a Ramones shirt, so I thought he might want to wear it to school. DH got him a little bb gun (he better teach DS to use it the right way or there will be BIG trouble!!)

So I have a cake to make, some decorations to put up (though we're not giving him a big party, just us and whatever friends stop by), and I also might have to be doing my massages today (yes, supposed to be every other Thursday, but tomorrow and Friday kids don't have school, because of conferences).

Hope everyone has a great day, and stays warm! Get those woodstoves ready!

It's cold here but supposed to warm up to the 80's by this afternoon. The sierras are not to far from us and they had snow yesterday! Very early for around here.

Happy birthday to your son Wiccad!

And Bookworm if you decide to sell those legos, let me know...ds12 is a lego addict...he likes getting the loose legos to come up with his own creations. Hope you all have a nice day.

Stacy

I will certainly let you know Stacy! My almost 12yo loves Legos too but he has so much else going on that it just doesn't make sense to keep them around, or at least not as many. He gets alot of the big sets for Christmas gifts from his grandmothers. The 6yo doesn't care too much for them and the twins just love to throw them

Have a great day!

Morning all!

I am about to head off to an exam, so cant stop for long.

Bookworm, I had the dreaded lego problem, but solved it by getting a plastic container that fitted all the main bits and another that fitted all the accessories. The lego is in the containers and in my room in a cupboard. When it is pulled out the kids know that they have to pick it up when they are finished with it. So it still get used but under better control. A friend also used a great idea, she had a large balnket with a drawstring around the outside edge. They could only play with the lego while on the blanket, and when they were finished, she pulled the string and it was all picked up. Hope you can find a way to keep it. It is too expensive to toss. And properly managed can be a great occupation for a child sick in bed

Sue

Archived