MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Sad news

Erin

Hi all

It's been a while I know but you are often in my thougths and from time to time I peek in to see what's new. I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend.

I have a prayer request and hope you all join me. On Thanksgiving night my oldest son was in a serious car accident. Thankfully and only by the grace of God he survived and no one else was hurt. He skidded on ice during a sleet storm and hit a telephone pole hard enough to break it in two. It crashed through the roof and he had to be extricated from the car. He broke two ribs and got some other injuries. He was released from the hospital on Sunday and was able to go home. He lives in CT with his wife who's 21 and girls 3yrs and 18 mos. He is only 23 and and works for a heating and air conditioning company and very lucky to be alive. But his wife is not yet working and it is doubtful he will for some time. I imagine tickets, charges or whathaveyou will be forthcoming. I think it goes without saying they are behind on the bills already including the mortgage. The families and friends are trying to help them through this but everyone is far away spread across the country. They desperately need prayer. Please pray that my son Steve makes a full recovery, physically, spiritually and financially and that he and his wife Angela find the means to keep their home as they are already three months behind and now have no income. She is looking for work but does not drive and their car is totaled. They have a second car but it is not running. He had no insurance so I'm sure he'll not be able to drive for some time. The baby just got out of the hospital with pneumonia and so please include Miranda and her big sister Michela in your prayers as well. This family is truely taking a beating. I thank you all in advance and may God bless you and your families. He spared my son's life and for that I am truely grateful. He is so amazing!

Erin

Erin, bless your heart. What a heavy burden you are shouldering. Thank you for sharing it with your Mrs. S friends so we can pray for Steve and his family. I have lifted up Steve, Angela, Michela and Miranda in my prayers, and will continue to do so. Please keep us posted on Steve's recovery. Blessings to you and yours!

Archived