MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Hello!

CeeGee

Hello Everyone!

It has been a long time since I have been able to get here! I really have missed you guys. I only will be able to get here once in awhile for now, but should be back regularly soon. We just got internet out here this week and have a lot of catching up to do......all I can say is that it has been a long winter! When i get caught up with all the goings on around here I will fill you in on our mountain living adventure. Even though it has been a hard winter, we still love it!

I am glad to be back!

CeeGee

Thanks for the welcome home......for now I will mostly be lurking in order to catch up on everything that is going on around here. When I get my computer (I am using my brother's)up and running I will post pictures.

Originally Posted By: CeeGee
Hello Everyone!

It has been a long time since I have been able to get here! I really have missed you guys. I only will be able to get here once in awhile for now, but should be back regularly soon. We just got internet out here this week and have a lot of catching up to do......all I can say is that it has been a long winter! When i get caught up with all the goings on around here I will fill you in on our mountain living adventure. Even though it has been a hard winter, we still love it!

I am glad to be back!

CeeGee

Hi CeeGee. Another CO mountain member! woohoo

Wow, if this was your first winter in CO Rockies....you picked a dooooozey! And we just finished another 'Springtime-in-the-Rockies' mini-Blizzard this morning. 1/2" on the ground and bright sunshine now. shrug But if you still love it after this winter, you'll make it just fine. There is a badge of honor for those who endure Mt. winters above 9,000'. :cool1:

On the other hand......a large percentage of the planet would call us CRAZY! frozen

rofl

I'll be looking forward to hearing your Winter 06-07 stories.....but ya know we're still living them till June.

MtRider

Nice to see you back!!! oh my goodness... you have so much to catch up on!!! and can't wait to read about your adventures!! and do NOT leave out one teeny tiny detail!

Originally Posted By: Mt_Rider
Originally Posted By: CeeGee
Hello Everyone!

I am glad to be back!

CeeGee

Hi CeeGee. Another CO mountain member! woohoo

Wow, if this was your first winter in CO Rockies....you picked a dooooozey! And we just finished another 'Springtime-in-the-Rockies' mini-Blizzard this morning. 1/2" on the ground and bright sunshine now. shrug But if you still love it after this winter, you'll make it just fine. There is a badge of honor for those who endure Mt. winters above 9,000'. :cool1:

On the other hand......a large percentage of the planet would call us CRAZY! frozen

rofl

I'll be looking forward to hearing your Winter 06-07 stories.....but ya know we're still living them till June.

MtRider

MtRider,

This is our first winter above 9000 feet. We have lived in Colorado for 12 years, but we were in the Denver Metro area. We are in Park County now. If you don't mind...where abouts are you? Just give a general area if you want. Yes, it has been a doozy! I will admit that when it got to 23 below zero, we went to town for a few days. We are in a 32 foot travel trailer and it was a wee bit chilly!

As soon as I can, I will start posting pictures and details.

CeeGee

You spent this past winter in a travel trailer....oye. Hope you piled straw bales around it. It was the coldest and snowiest in the 11 winters we've been up here. Lots of folks had to Evac for the rest of the winter when the propane companies (mine included) abandoned us in January. They had so much trouble getting up driveways and to the tanks, they just quit delivering up here. Lots of hard feelings. My company sent it's drivers out in late March - 2 months after I had told their office: "I'm running out...I'm on less than 5 %!!!!" Nite temps were below zero at that point. So I told the driver calmly (not his fault) that we were no longer their customers. "You're 2 months late and we hadn't seen you since Oct." We're supposed to be kept full every month. rollingeyes NOW we find out that they are closing that regional office and won't be servicing this area anymore anyway. soapbox

We're going to be trenching and placing a tank down below or we won't be able to get another propane company to agree to take us on. They aren't signing up new accounts with steep driveways. Anyway we were Provided for in that DF drives for a different company and got us hooked up to a piggy-backed system till we can make the change-over. clap

Other folks just had to shut up their places and move in with friends/family cuz they couldn't keep up with the driveway clearing. It's expensive to pay to get it plowed every few days if you don't have your own plow equipment.

Just a lot of "adventures" up here this winter. But if we learn from them, we can call it 'dress rehersal'. If I ever get my energy together, I may post all the interesting insights I got from living a 'bit more primative' this winter. I'm sure you have some too.

MtRider

Archived