MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Happy May Day! 2007

Buttercup

Hi every one! lois

It is a happy May day here. I just had a phone call about a job and I have an interview on the 25th! clap I know it is a way to go, but it fits between assignments and exams, plus the job doesn't start till January! So I really hope the interview goes well. The job was advertised in March and I applied, but the application never made it to them, and we discovered that when I emailed to clarify a point. The job has been filled, but they saw my application when I resubmitted it and want an interview! Seeing as how the interview will take 8 hours driving to get there, I feel kinda hopefull.

So a good day for me!

Plus the bathroom has been fixed, and we can have a shower without washing the toilet floor! No more paddling at midnight smile

GoodMorningsparklepinkhat.gif Buttercup, SueC and everyone else. smile

HAPPY MAY DAY to everyone too. SPRINGANDFLOWERS.gif

Sue, that is so great. I do hope you get the job. smile

It is cloudy again today and our temp right now is 43º and our high is to only be 65º today. But, if we get rain, that would be great. Right now we are in the high fire danger area. In fact, most of MN is in that area. We really need rain badly.

Well, for breakfast today I think we will have ORANGEJUICE2.jpgmilk2.jpgTEAINGLASSCUP.jpgCOFFEEBLUECUP.giffruit.jpgOrangeButterCoffeeCake.jpgbacon.jpg and ScrambledEggs.jpg

I did get the dishes done and a load of laundry done yesterday, as well as a few other things. I took the canned veggies and a few other things to the basement after I had dated them. These were things we had bought on Friday night. So now that is done and I now have more room in the kitchen. smile

I'm not just sure what I will get done today as today is my pace maker check, over the phone, so it breaks up the morning. It only takes about 5 - 10 minutes, but then I sometimes wait for a bit before they get to me even if I have a certain time they are to call.

I do hope you all have a great day today. smile

HAVEANICEDAY8.gif

Good morning all!

Well, this May Day I'll be recovering from our little getaway this weekend. We went up Sunday to Billings and spent the night so Dh could see the dermatologist up there yesterday. Our first stop was Red Lobster, then went shopping for jeans for the boys, then went to hotel and took a nap, walked across parking lot to Cracker Barrel and ate like pigs again grin Then went back to hotel and changed into our swimsuits, went to pool/hot tub area and stayed there for the next two hours! It was wonderful! Yesterday we went to dh's appointment, then Harbor Freight tools and Costco and then the long drive home.

Today I'll be doing lots of laundry and other cleaning but I'm happy to report I had done a good deal of cleaning before we left here so it won't be too bad.

The best part of the trip is that we paid for it all in cash, no credit cards!!!! star and then found my next paycheck in the mail when we got back!

I do hope all of you have a wonderful day, the sun is shining and it's going to be nice here!

Hi everyone!

Sounds like everyone's May is starting off on the right foot! That's wonderful!

I'm happy to report that mine is also off to a good start! DH has a job interview today. He's been trying to get on with this place since December, they had scheduled interviews and then the blizzards hit and they were off work for two weeks. With tht shut down ( he pays his guys for forced days off like that) he wasn't hiring anyone new, but now he is. The openings he has right now are in the field, and DH wants in the yard, but this way he will be in and can just switch over as soon as he has a yard opening. This place has awesome benes, and quite a few of DH's friends work there, so it will be a good work environment for him-plus he can share a ride in with someone so the gas will be half. That will also leave me with a car so I can run errands around town and pick up/drop off the kids. So after his 90 days probation things will be vastly improved here!

WE also got a line on some property for sale. Not quite where we wanted it, but it will do if we can't find something else. The big bonus is that it already has a well on it! That is a huge expense out here, and the waiting list is pretty long, so it takes awihle. We'd have had to be on a cistern for awhile. Of course, we're still gonna sink cisterns, but...being able to fill them for free will certainly be a bonus LOL. It has electric, too, but I don't think phone is there, so that will probably be a pretty heavy expense, I'll have to call and see. But if we can share it with neighbors that will lessen the cost. We also already know one of the neighbors and they are preppers, although not as ummm gung ho as we are, but it's a start. We can have up to three houses on the acreage, and have to pay road maintenance, but other than that there are no covenants. So we can put in separate mobiles for us and my mom, plus another either for my brother if he wants or to rent out (or for storage LOL). We're going to drive out and look at it on Sunday.

So all in all things are looking up!

I'm off to snuggle with Roan!

Mo7

HAPPY MAY DAY TO YOU TOO BUTTERCUP AND EVERYONE!!

Great about your job interview Sue, hope all goes well.

We help DMIL when they call to check her pacemkaer Snow. When they say they'll call at 9:00 the phone rings at 9:00 on the button. Really amazing how they can do that everytime!

Oh my Bookworm it sounds like you had a busy and productive weekend. I especially like the part about Cracker Barrel...I love the bean soup and corn bread there! cheer

MommyofSeven you have so many exciting irons in the fire it's good you're young.....I'm too old for so much excitement! rofl

Hey Lois, we were to have some rain today but now it's gone....it went to New York I guess! smile We're to have sun and 70's which is a good thing. The farmers want to get in the fields and get moving...it's time!!!

I got 2 miles walked this morning which is a good thing since DDIL called to see if we'd watch Mr. Perfect. He has ear infection and doesn't feel the best so she hates to take him to day care. Sooooooo, it looks like my day is now planned.

You all have a great one! bighug

Have been busy, busy, busy....

Can't keep up on posts, so HI wave to all the newbies, and praying for all who need them.

Got the garden going-4 rows taters, 6 rows each of onions and radish (wanna try Westie's radish relish recipes) and 2 rows of spinich. Dbf agreed to rotatilling up an area down by the chicken coop for a melon patch--so gotta get that done soon.

Chicks are getting bigger-5 wks old. Dbf built me an outdoor pen just like the one indoors (4'x8'), so I've been loading them into the pet carrier and out for the day and back in at night. Takes 3 trips, so he's gonna build them a 'house' onto the outdoor pen tomarrow so they can stay outside til they're big enough to go in the chicken coop.

Still looking for my puppy. Can't seem to find one the right age yet. She's out there somewhere, just gotta keep looking I guess.

Weather has been getting better. Upper 70's, low 80's. Had some storms move through yesterday afternoon and suppose to have more today. Reminds me of Florida weather, where it gets hot into the afternoon and storms pop up and it rains for a bit and then gets nice out again. LOVE IT! smile

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

bighug and Kiss-On-Cheek.gif

Archived