MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Prayer request for nephew and wife

dogmom4

My nephews wife's water broke the night before last too soon (22 weeks). The baby had developed an infection somehow...they don't give it much chance of surviving.Now the mom is in the hospital and has the infection. The doctors are concerned now that she might not make it. Could you please pray for these young people?

Stacy

My nephews son was born about an hour ago. They named him Chance. He is only expected to live about another hour though as the hospital will not do anything to intervene. I guess by law they will only try to keep a baby alive if it is 24weeks or older. frown Please keep this couple in prayer. I can't imagine how hard it must be to hold your child until he breathes his last breath. Mom will be ok physically...her fever has broken and the medicines for the infection she had are working.

Stacy

Unfortunately Chance only lived 4 hours. frown If you could keep the whole family in your prayers it would be appreciated. The mom went home today from the hospital today and fell apart when leaving. My sister is also having a difficult time because it's bringing up all these memories of the baby she lost years ago. It was not the mothers day that was planned....

Stacy

stacy so sorry to hear about what your family is going thru i will be praying for them

i need to say something tho.it is not right they should of tried something to help this little baby make it if it had been some celebrite or highr uo person they would of tried to do something why would they only do something to help if it was 24 weeks along. what gives them right to say oh sorry your baby is only 22 weeks along we can't do nothing to help your baby. they should of tried something regarles(sp) of how far along the baby was. what kind of law says that you can only help a baby try to live if it is over 24 weeks along. i am sorry for this being so long. but they should try no matter how old the baby is. it just is not right what is this world coming to. i hope this does not afend anyone but it just brackes my heart when it comes to little helpless babys and the family who has to go threw this.

i will keep them in my prayers. praying

S.K.

Stacy, I am so sorry about all of this. I will be youandyourfamilyinthoughtsnprayers.gif

Now, I do have to say I've never heard of any hospital that would not try to do what they can for a baby. frown

Again, IMSORRYINPURPLE.gif Please know that you and all of the family is in our prayers.

Sorry to hear this Stacy. Surely hospital did everything possible? I would sure hope so and that they did every thing could do. mecry At 22 weeks Chance probably weighed 1/2-1 pound. And the infection may have effected his growth too. This is heartbreaking. Amen to all the others prayers. praying for strength and comfort to this family.

bighug

Originally Posted By: Granny
Sorry to hear this Stacy. Surely hospital did everything possible? I would sure hope so and that they did every thing could do. mecry At 22 weeks Chance probably weighed 1/2-1 pound. And the infection may have effected his growth too. bighug

I'm hoping they did too. It just seemed that they waited so long to induce. I mean, her water broke early Friday morning and they didn't induce until Saturday morning. I remember when I was pregnant they wouldn't let you go more than 12 hours after the water broke. I do have a feeling there was probably nothing they could have done though. frown
Stacy

Archived