MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Glad to be here ! !

Centexan

Hi everyone -- I've been lurking here since pre-Y2K and love Mrssurvivor -- finally got the nerve to register. Thru the past years you've all been such a help to me -- I'm a full-fledged prepper now. The only trouble is that I've had no success getting my kids to stockpile anything. The two daughters are "strapped for money" and just getting by; the two sons aren't convinced there is any reason to prepare. So if anything bad comes down the pike, my hubby and I may have around 30 hungry mouths to feed. Sure is depressing and nearly impossible. Oh, well, I go on planting (small backyard), canning and dehydrating. God bless you all.

Awwww... lurking all *that* time??? lurking.gif

Just think of all the hugs you've missed!!! grouphug2

I do understand. My family just gives me "that look", but they sure don't mind eating when it's cold and snowy and we're stuck at home!!! teehee.gif

loveshower.gif17.gifloveshower.gif

Mais cher! I'm so glad you're "inside" now! Now you can share what you know/ask all the questions, that you want!!! :gathering:

I loved that handy dandy tip in the Preparedness for Infants and Children thread in the "Are You Really Ready" forum.

And, have fun playing with those emoticons, finally! Hee hee :banana2:

--Sharon

hello again!

think the basic 4 when preping.... wheat, sugar, salt, powdered milk and of course water.

say 25 pounds of wheat feeds 1 person for 1 month. That is 750 pounds for 1 month of wheat for 30 people. This comes out to 15 bags weighing 50 pounds each to store.

and there you are. *shrug*

Archived