MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Chasin' my tail...

Necie

(dogmom4 twisted my arm.... grin ...REALLY!) rofl

Gracie has been keeping me very busy. We went to a schutzhund club this last Saturday-I think she's gonna LOVE the tracking. FUN, FUN, FUN!! We also started puppy obedience. Had a class last night and another tonight. Now they'll only be once a week. She's a smart little bugger-already knows: sit, down, stay, come and walks nice on her leash. Also: shake, crawl, speak and we're working on roll over.

Here's pix (she's 5 months):

954-jan.4003.jpg

955-jan.4005.jpg

956-jan.4008.jpg

957-jan.4011.jpg

Originally Posted By: Cowgirl
She'll be a fine dog! Are you going to protection train her, or just utilize her native abilities in that regard?

Originally Posted By: Snowmom

Our neighbor has one and he is just a big baby, not sure if he would protect them or not.

Cowgirl-we started going to a schutzhund club--I think the tracking part will be the most fun. I love to watch her think. Protection work to me is a 'necessary evil' to work towards a sch. title. Not sure that I'll really enjoy that, but we'll see. She has a good prey drive, so I'm sure she'll do just fine at that part, too.

Snowmom-most rotties are not natural protectors. They will warn-bark-but then look to their owner for protection. As far as I'm concerned, this is all the 'protection' I need from her. (And she already does a very good job at it.) It is her job to let me know something bad may be there, but then it is my job to determine if it is bad or good and if bad to take care of it. Very few rotties will engage a dangerous situation on their own. They will generally run and hide and only bite out of fear if backed into a corner. Self preservation is their first concern.

Archived