MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Wont be long now...

SueC

I do miss you all. Hopefully we will get the internet connected this week, we have applied for the phone and internet and are now patiently waiting! bounce well maybe not so patiently!

There are somewher around 6000 posts to read and catch up on so i will be busy. But that will have to wait. We have been spending some time each weekend picking blackberries from an area called the common, sounds quite British! But it has been fun and I have frozen about 7 kilo (15-16 lb) plus made some jam. Now I just need to find out how to turn some into pie filling .....

Time is up - lunch break over, so till I get back here's a big bighug for all you lovely people

Glad to hear from you!

Ooh, blackberry jam - mmmmmmmmmmmmm

Its good to hear from you Sue!!!! We missed you.

We have been wondering about that surprise package though! Did you open it yet? LOL

Oh.. and yes there will be a quiz . You will have to tell us how you made it into blackberry pie filling and you have to share so we can each taste test it smile

bighug

Sue it is sooo goooddd to hear from you! Glad things are going well. Now, WHO sent the package and what was in it???? Am on pins and needles here! You have been missed. Hope things come through quickly on the internet and phone. Fill us in, is the move complete? Is everyone adjusting well? Miss YOU!! bighug

It is not fair. I have been patient but it was so good to know that I would be online again soon. But a call this morning, late April before they can connect the phone and therefore the internet as the cables are badly damaged and have to be repaired, which means digging under the road etc. mecry So now I am still in limbo...

The package!!!!! well it was from dogmom4 and it was the cutest little Christmas decoration, a thimble with pins in it, which really suits me!

As for the Blackberry pie, I am thinking I will add syrup to the berries to can them. Then when I make the pies I will add a little cornflour to thicken it up a bit. Hopefully we can go out again this weekend and get heaps more. banana

In the mean time we have looked around the district a bit. It is amazing countryside. We are on a ridge, and to the west of us there are mountains, just incredible rocky landscapes. And we went on a whim so didn't have a camera. But next time, camera at the ready!

The neighbours are wonderful. The ones below have cows and calves (Dexters) and a lovely vegetable garden that they keep sending over produce from. On one side the neighbour came over and met DH and offered him the use of his rather extensive workshop (and help if wants it!).

So it is duck in and try to catch up, but mostly in and out.

Till next time (whenever that might be) ...

Ah Sue, I'm sorry to hear about the internet thing...I'd hate to not be connected for so long. But, I'm glad you finally got your Christmas ornament...all the way into February! lol! Your area sounds beautiful. Hopefully we'll get to see some pictures soon.

bighug

Archived