MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

BUCKET-oholic : Admit Your Addiction

cookiejar

BUCKET INTERVENTION:

If you have more than 10 buckets unfilled yet you plan to buy more (even without a plan of what to fill it with).

If you have enough buckets to need a seperate room

If you could MAKE a room out of buckets

If buckets have been incorporated in your home furnishings

If you *hide* your bucket purchases from your loved ones because they *wouldn't understand/might get upset*

If passing the bakery aisle makes you quiver

If your not even sure how many buckets you actually own

If you keep three or more *sources* for a quick bucket fix

If your on a first name basis with your *supplier* and they hold a *stash* aside for you

If you've ever *fibbed* about your buckets

If you can quote all the codes in the triangle (if you know what the triangle is)

If your bucket paraphernalia (Gamma lids, absorbers etc.)*concerns* your family

You go ballistic if someone uses your good food grade buckets for something else (like paint or trash!)

Quote:
BUCKET INTERVENTION:

If you have more than 10 buckets unfilled yet you plan to buy more (even without a plan of what to fill it with). Nope

If you have enough buckets to need a seperate room Yup

If you could MAKE a room out of buckets I wish

If buckets have been incorporated in your home furnishings Yes blush

If you *hide* your bucket purchases from your loved ones because they *wouldn't understand/might get upset* Oh yeah!

If passing the bakery aisle makes you quiver Yup

If your not even sure how many buckets you actually own Yeah, that too.

If you keep three or more *sources* for a quick bucket fix I wish!

If your on a first name basis with your *supplier* and they hold a *stash* aside for you Trying!

If you've ever *fibbed* about your buckets Who me? darlene2

If you can quote all the codes in the triangle (if you know what the triangle is) Can't everyone?

If your bucket paraphernalia (Gamma lids, absorbers etc.)*concerns* your family They can't be concerned about what they never see (it's in the attic)

You go ballistic if someone uses your good food grade buckets for something else (like paint or trash!) Don't TOUCH my buckets! :trip:

OH.....I JUST SAW THIS THREAD....I'M SO IN THIS CLUB....WASHED OUT 29 THAT I GOT FROM THE BAKERY...SET UP MY WHEEL BARREL IN THE BACK YARD...FILLED WITH HOT SOAPY WATER AND SCRUBBED AWAY....MY FAMILY THINKS I'M NUTS FOR "NEEDING" THESE THINGS....I'M SO GLAD THERE IS A CLUB....I FEEL SO SO MUCH BETTER NOW.....

You might be a bucket-a-holic if you've ever visited the Tupperware museum in Kissimee Florida, saw their huge lawn sculpture rainbow arch made from all the multi-colored container lids and wished you had that many gamma lids to play with.

You might be a bucket-a-holic if instead of gift bags, you sometimes use a bucket for a family member's gift but then ask them to return it to you. (We gave movie night in a bucket gifts one year and told the recipients they could get refills if they returned the bucket, LOL)

and..if you can't help youself and the bucket collecting extends to those empty pails of cat litter which you stockpile along with their lids for the rest of the family so they don't use your food grade ones for paint, cement mixing, or collecting bait.

...if in thinking about ways to disguise the buckets you have ever wanted to upholster them but worried it would ruin the food grade quality of the things.

...if you have thought about how many full buckets could make a wall to divide the basement....

....if you told the bakery lady that white buckets are perfect for dying wool because you can see the colors better but you don't really dye wool.

Seems like we are all doing the same things! (There's probably no cure for this, either.)

What do you mean let the family use those cat litter buckets for other things....those get used to store non-food items

LOL deb2--but you gotta toss the family a few buckets now and then or they raid your stash!! It's self defense!

Glad to know I am not alone. There are probably ten empties(and cleaned)on the back patio just waiting for goodies. Also I think I am a basketholic also. Just grab every one I can find-milk crates, drink crates, or anything that will hold fruit,veggies. wc

My DH is a bucket-a-holic. He has a "connection" at one of our local grocery store delies with a lady who saves the 2-3 gallon buckets the icings and stuff come in. They're great for storing dry beans, pasta and all manner of odds and ends.

Today some have been put to a different use. We've been without electricity since about 8:45 this morning. (it's now 8:20pm). Even tho we have lots of bottles of water for washing, drinking etc. DH set some of the buckets out on the patio to catch the drips off the roof for stool flushing water. Works fine. grin

• 1 month later...

A couple of days ago, I was driving on the freeway and saw a lid-less 5-gallon white bucket rolling around on the left shoulder. Probably belonged to a contractor, may or may not have been food grade.

But my foot did ease off the gas for a second or two. blush

Originally Posted By: HSmom
A couple of days ago, I was driving on the freeway and saw a lid-less 5-gallon white bucket rolling around on the left shoulder. Probably belonged to a contractor, may or may not have been food grade.

But my foot did ease off the gas for a second or two. blush

Okay HSMom, that's addiction...
go make the coffee for the meeting. rofllotsocoffee.gif

Archived