MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Need a recipe idea

We had the stomach flu not long ago, and I bought tons of boxes of Ramen for the tender tummies. They ended up drinking more of the broth from the little packages than they did Ramen.

So I have lots of Ramen noodles laying around.

Does anyone cook with these kinds of noodles, and have some yummy recipes I might try with what I have here?

Thanks, STephanie!

And a salad? Like...you boil them up and then add them to a green salad? Sounds yummy to me, but I don't know if it will go over well with the kids. Mmm. With a salad oil/vinegar/soy sauce dressing.

This is yummy!

Crunchy Asian Salad

Dressing: 1 envelpope Good Season's Italian Dressing (I use store brand when I can find it) 1/2 c sugar, 2 Tablespoons soy sauce. Prepare dresssing as directed, stir in sugar and soy sauce

Veggie mix: 2 pkgs dry Ramnen noodles - broken apart and without seasoning packets, 6-8 cups shredded cabbage, carrots, bok choy - whatever you have handy, 4 sliced green onions, 1/2 cup dry roasted sunflower kernels, 1/2 c. toasted sliced almonds.

Toss veggies, add dressing and toss until well coated. Serve immediately.

This reminds me of my friend's child, I think he's 3.

We took him with us to the store, but forgot about him as we were putting away groceries. Found him about 20 minutes later UNDER the dining room table with 3 open packs of ramen, the seasonings discarded with the wrappers.

He was eating some, but mostly crumbling it up, scooping it into piles with a dump truck and moving it from one place to the other. Every few minutes he would give a chortle and take a handful to crunch with a satisfied "HA!". There were noodles crunched into the floor, into the tires of his dump truck, plastered to his face, his hair, the table legs, everywhere.

We both looked at each other, shrugged, took the rest of the box and put it away and had a cup of tea. He amused himself for about an hour. He finally 'played himself out' and fell asleep for a long-needed nap. . . under the table. We fished him out and put him to bed, noodles and all. He slept for 2 hours!

We figured, hey, he's quiet, why mess with a good thing? However, the ramen did go into an upper cupboard, away from tiny hands.

I love to use Ramen noodles with tuna and onions and bellpeppers... it's really quite good. As a matter of fact I often empty the contents of my fridge of vegie leftovers right into the pot of cooking ramens...with the seasoning packet, they eat those vegies right up.

I love ramen though rarely use it..one way I used to eat it was boiling it up and then throwing in whatever veggies I had on hand (at the last minute) as well as a raw egg. I would use like half the seasoning pack..you really don't need the whole thing.

I am glad you posted this recipe!! I LOVE the dish but lost it somewhere along the way. Thanks!!

Originally Posted By: Shari
This is yummy!

Crunchy Asian Salad

Dressing: 1 envelpope Good Season's Italian Dressing (I use store brand when I can find it) 1/2 c sugar, 2 Tablespoons soy sauce. Prepare dresssing as directed, stir in sugar and soy sauce

Veggie mix: 2 pkgs dry Ramnen noodles - broken apart and without seasoning packets, 6-8 cups shredded cabbage, carrots, bok choy - whatever you have handy, 4 sliced green onions, 1/2 cup dry roasted sunflower kernels, 1/2 c. toasted sliced almonds.

Toss veggies, add dressing and toss until well coated. Serve immediately.

I do mine like this below. This way you don't have to buy other dressing ingredients, cheaper this way and wonderful !!

*** Oriental Cabbage Salad:***

1 head cabbage, sliced thin

2 bunches scallions, (I omit these)

1 large grated carrot

Crunchy topping:

3 or 4 packages Ramen chicken flavored)

5 ounces slivered almonds ( I use a lot of almonds)

4-6 Tbsp.butter or margarine

NOTE: ONLY USE THE SEASONING PACKS FROM 2 Pkgs. of ramen noodles, or it will be way too salty !!

***Dressing:***

Combine together, and then heat to dissolve sugar.

1/2 cup rice wine vinegar

1/2 cup oil

1/2 cup sugar or to taste (I use Splenda, and it tastes great.)

4 tablespoons soy sauce

Directions:

Chop and mix the vegetables. Refrigerate until served. Melt 4-6 Tbsp. of butter or margarine. Add almonds and crushed Ramen noodles, Ramen seasonings from 2 packages, and bake at 350 for approx. 10 to 15 min, or until light brown. Mix vinegar, oil, sugar, and soy sauce. Heat to disssolve sugar.( I do it in the microwave.)Just before serving, mix the vegetables, crunchy topping, and dressing and mix together well.

Normally I serve each thing individually since the noodles get soggy if left over with the dressing on them. Still tastes good, though.

This recipe is making my mouth water like crazy!! feedme

Naturally, I'll have to make it my own, but I'm definitely trying this today. I don't have any almonds....hmmmm...maybe I could substitute...or maybe I'll wait until I go to the store.

I think I'll buy more ramens! Does anyone have any particular method of storing them. I've just got mine in the boxes stacked up? Vacuum sealing??

Archived