MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

What did you can today? Part 2

MamaTiger

I have 4 quarts of Darlene's chicken soup, and 3 pints of shredded chicken in broth in the canner. Still debating if I will can the remaining chicken broth tonight or wait till tomorrow after church.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

8 pints of dill pickle relish. I was beginning to think that the cucumbers were never going to produce enough - all at the same time - to do anything meaningful with - but we were blessed with a few weeks of warm and sunny and "Ta Da" - we finally had enough for the dill pickle relish.

14 qts. of Darlene`s chicken soup. The best part is that everything except the celery was home grown. We grew the onions, carrots and the chicken, the deer ate the celery. I have 7 more qts. to can tomorrow morning. I have a sick baby and we are going to bed early.

yesterday was 50 quarts of spagehetti sauce

bushel of peppers chopped & frozen

6 doz ears of corn

earlier in the month we did 32 pints of stewed tomatoes

24 dozen ears of corn (we like corn in this house lol)

bushel of peppers

brocolli etc. The etc is due to failing memory !

Thank God we have so much but man do my muscles ache today. We were actually passing the tomatoes out the kitchen window in laundry baskets like a bucket bridgade.

14 half pints of Darlene's apple butter recipe. It's my first time to can, so please, dear friends, see the post with my baby step questions and help me out!!! canning

I did 8 pints of tomato puree for YUMMY tomato soup.

18 more pints of applesauce (a lovely pink shade this time!)

Set aside another 12 C of apple juice for apple jelly (pink!) bounce

Archived