MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Happy Newbie!

TurtleMama

Hi there! Well, I've lurked the boards for a while and I finally figured out how to register successfully so that I can actually TALK to everyone here! smile My name is Kristi, I live in Arizona, and I am very interested in learning all that I can about planning ahead so that my family can be secure. I am especially interested in desert survival...because when it's 117 degrees in July, I want to know how to keep my babies cool if the electricity is out!! I have learned so much already from the various posters on the forums, and am looking forward to learning more. Thanks and I'm excited to be here!

welcome5

Keeping cool in the heat is a challenge. A bathtub with cool water, wet towels, a spray bottle or two and limiting your movements help. We've gone as far as going for a drive to use the AC in the vehicle. It never ceases to amaze me how the real Old Timers shrug their shoulders and smile.

Hi turtlemomma,

I used to live in Tempe and Mesa Arizona. I know all about heat!!

When my son was born, June 26, 1990, We were haveing record breaking heat. I believe it was 123 degrees. The day I brought him home from the hospital the power went out because everyone was cranking up the AC. I had to sit with him in the bathtub for hours. It really was noticably cooler. I wouldn't want to do that for long.

Hello and welcome turtlemama. I too am new and love it here.

What I have learned far exceeds what I can contribute but I do feel at home here. Looking forward to knowing you. I have a Granddaughter 1 and a grandson 2, not to mention all the teens ones. They are my main reason for being here and preparing for their safety. wave

Archived