MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

IN THE NEWS

i couldn't believe it when, on MSNBC, the reporter stated the cdc, or other government authority, recommends everyone stockpile two weeks worth of food, in preparation of the swine flu. also, they said to stock up on medicine and first aid. :canning::twister3::behindsofa:

i told my dh and told him. ok you heard it. two weeks of food stockpiled. now what will they think of my preps?

I wish they would make it a PSA on all channels running throughout the day and evening. *sigh*

I'm wondering if people think far enough ahead regarding what a "quarantine" really means.

So they're closing schools... dogmom4 is talking about asking parents bringing younger children if they have siblings in the closed school. WHAT ABOUT THE PARENTS?? If just a few students *have* been exposed, so have the siblings and parents and everyone else THEY come in contact with...

*SIGH*

It's not enough to "suggest" or to close schools... you must also teach people what these things mean.

And God help us all... we have 2 generations of people who believe their "rights" trump everything else.

And God help us all... we have 2 generations of people who believe their "rights" trump everything else.

aaiiiieeeeeeee........ :0327:

MtRider [getting quite comfortable behind here...thankyouverymuch... :behindsofa: ]

I wish they would make it a PSA on all channels running throughout the day and evening. *sigh*

I have yet to see any advertisting of the goverments own pandemic flu website. Your right Westie, why not have PSAs running?

I am not so much concerned with this go round of the swine flu. I am taking precautions while out and about etc, but my concern is with the chance of a second round of this in the fall. From what I have heard , that will be the worst. That is what I am working towards. I fully feel like that is going to be the true TSHTF sernario.

GOODMORNING4DOGS.gif

Ok, so they close the schools, and on the news, while telling about this, where are the kids?? They are running all over the place, on bikes out and about. Now, just how does that help since they might have been exposed. :(

Parents should be making the kids stay at or around home, in their own yards, not going all over the place. :( To me it looked like it does in the winter when they have a snow day, the kids are loving this. :(:o

We were in Fargo yesterday, but, you bet I did a lot of cleaning hands while shopping. I don't know how many wipes I used, and now I thought this was interesting. at Sam's, each of the check outs had a bottle of sanitizer. I thouht this was really nice. Yes, I used that too. :)

MN has a few cases of the flu now too, but, the last I heard, ND doesn't have so wasn't to worried about going there to shop.

I have to go to Fargo in July, so hope ND is still in the NO flu zone at that time.

haveagooddaywithflowers.gifHUGSMOUSEINSUGAR.gif

the PRESS-TELEGRAM, ever since 9/11 has posted a flyer in their paper once a month or every two or three months. it's a flyer on emergency preparedness. they just sent this one out after the swine flu and earthquake broke out. did you know that the phone books also have information on being prepared? i remember right after 9/11 they had public announcements almost everyday about being ready. this included biological, chemical, and nuclear threats as well. REMEMBER THOSE?

DOES EVERYONE HAVE DUCT TAPE?

This Sunday the local big city newspaper had an article on people prepping. Can't remember what they called it. There was a local "possible" swine flu case that hasn't been resolved yet. It was announced a week ago but they don't have confirmation from CDC YET!

the PRESS-TELEGRAM, ever since 9/11 has posted a flyer in their paper once a month or every two or three months. it's a flyer on emergency preparedness. they just sent this one out after the swine flu and earthquake broke out. did you know that the phone books also have information on being prepared? i remember right after 9/11 they had public announcements almost everyday about being ready. this included biological, chemical, and nuclear threats as well. REMEMBER THOSE?

DOES EVERYONE HAVE DUCT TAPE?

Yes, I remember those. I also remember that the democrats, through the MSM, used those prep messages against President Bush and portayed the messages and the recommended preps as foolish and misguided.

Don't expenct the current administration to get the word out on preparing. Now that we have "change" we are supposed to let the governement take care of us.

"Yes, I remember those. I also remember that the democrats, through the MSM, used those prep messages against President Bush and portayed the messages and the recommended preps as foolish and misguided. "

The democrats have used everything against President Bush, even things that have nothing to do with him or his administration.

Archived