MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Home made Electrolyte Drink

I have an easier one. Never used it on people as we're rarely sick but its for people--adults, kids and babies and I've used it --and saved--many a farm animal with it.

5 cups of water

8 level tsp. sugar

1 level tsp. salt

Mix, and let them drink as much as they want.

I make a sports drink for my DSS for his soccer games, and the kids love it so much that I have to make extra.

I use liquid B vitamins, fresh squeezed lemon or lime (or both), sometimes oranges. I add a tiny bit of Korean white ginseng just so they think there's something in there, some RealSalt (it's found in health food stores, and it's off-white with colored specks in it - it has all the minerals still in it), maple syrup or barley malt (or raw agave if I don't have the others), and Concentrace minerals.

It winds up being much cheaper than the store bought, and healthier. (Tastier, I think also. It actually has flavor)

You can do the same thing with lots of other things... Energy drinks, Vitamin drinks, concentration drinks, etc. (Think homemade vitamin water without the carcinogens-LOL)

I also make a lacto-fermented raspberry-orange drink that is to die for, and I can't keep it in the house. That gives a lot of energy and vitamins. Likewise the homemade ginger-beer and kombucha drinks. Luckily it's all cheap to make so when the kids share with their teammates, it's not so bad. :)

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

never added sugar to mine, and I think it had freshly squeezed lemon in it too. I'll have to dig out the recipe. I know it was good for me but sure wasn't crazy about the taste. Wonder if Stevia would work... couldn't get past the sea water taste, like having an ocean in my mouth (salty!)

We often use Switchel

Switchel 8 cups pure filtered water

1 cup raw honey

½ cup raw organic apple cider vinegar

½ cup black strap molasses

½ tsp. Ground ginger Place all ingredients in a saucepan and heat until all the honey has dissolved. Serve hot in the winter or drink as a daily tea or you can serve it iced in the summer as a refreshing drink.

I'd like info on home made ginger beer. I love the $1 a bottle Jamaican Ginger Beer, but who can afford it?

I found this but have no idea how it tastes. http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/drink/views/Homemade-Ginger-Beer-232359

The Amish sell it by the gallon in PA. They usually use a store bought concentrate though. Here is some concentrates for sale. Scroll down the page. http://www.lehmans.com/store/Kitchen___Juice_and_Beverage_Making____Homebrew__Soda_Pop___9501#9507

Archived