MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Introducing: Ari (The Gift of Grace)

Necie

You may remember that this last spring I was honored with Darlene's unending generosity and received Kagan-one of her Anatolian pups. Some may also remember (and at the get-together last fall-08-a few met) Gracie, my rottie. Even fewer know that I tragically lost Gracie this last summer. :sad-smiley-012: It still hurts and is hard to talk about, but time heals all and the memories are moving past the loss to the wonderful memories of her and missing that relationship. While knowing that I'm not ready for another rottie yet, I have been longing for the companionship of another smart, sweet, fearless, big baby, pampered princess. :) Once again, Darlene has generously gifted me with a pup that has already taken over my heart. :wub: A female this time, to be at my side, in the house, as my companian and friend. Her name is:

SHADOW WINGS DIYARI ATA'KAYRA

I named her this for a couple of reasons:

Kagan's name is: Shadow Wings Diyari Ata'Kagan. Shadow Wings is Darlene's kennel name. Very fitting for multiple reasons itself. ;) Diyari means 'a present', which these pups both are, gifted by Darlene. Ata'Kagan means 'Gift of the King', with Kagan meaning King. In Turkish, Kayra means Grace, so Ata'Kayra means 'Gift of Grace'. I can't bring myself to call her Kayra, meaning Grace, with respect to Gracie and this pup. I do not intend for this pup to 'fill Gracie's shoes', she has her own purpose. So I go back to Diyari, with her being the perfect little present/gift and for short am calling her Ari.

She is smart and sweet and MOUTHY! She is sitting here barking at me while I type because *she* isn't getting attention!! LOL We have been working on 'sit', 'down', 'here', 'Ari' (which is 'look at me'), and 'OFF' (she thinks she should be a lap dog! ROFL). She sits for her food, and to have her leash put on and taken off. The rest she does for treats. :rolleyes: She has met Kagan and they are AMAZING together. He is soooooo very gentle with her....and she has no fear of him. :huh:

Ok....on with the pix.... :wub:

post-977-1262241518_thumb.jpg

post-977-1262241560_thumb.jpg

post-977-1262241597_thumb.jpg

post-977-1262241626_thumb.jpg

post-977-1262241657_thumb.jpg

post-977-1262241687_thumb.jpg

post-977-1262241716_thumb.jpg

post-977-1262241745_thumb.jpg

post-977-1262241774_thumb.jpg

post-977-1262241879_thumb.jpg

post-977-1262242215_thumb.jpg

post-977-1262242243_thumb.jpg

post-977-1262242273_thumb.jpg

post-977-1262242302_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Ari had her first vet app on Tue. :) She's such a ham. All the gals oooh'd and aaaah'd. Doc said she couldn't believe the difference in personality between her and Kagan. Much more 'outgoing'....ROFL....I'm sure she meant *mouthy*. LOL Eleven weeks and she weighs 21#.

Training is going good. I'm learning. :rolleyes: LOL The other day she taught me that she knows 'High Five'...also that if I don't pay attention and she is barking at me (which she does quite often...mostly to tell me that *she* is RIGHT and *I* am WRONG <_< ), that it may also mean 'I need to go out NOW!'...in which case, she squats and tinkles right in front of me and then gives me that look: 'SEE! Told ya so.' HMPH!

Also took Kagan to get him weighed since he will be a year old in two weeks. Not at the vet though...we went to the grain elevator!! ROFL He is such a neanderthal. :) Due to him being an outside dog and wanting him to bond with the goats rather than me...well....let's just say he's had 'minimal' training. <_< hehe Got the leash on him....and he drug me around the yard for a bit. Got him in the backseat of my little purple Toyota Corolla and told him 'SIT'. He plopped his butt down...right on the rear dashboard. :rolleyes: Prolly a wonderful view for anyone following me. :24: We got to the elevator and I explained to the guys what I wanted to do. :huh: ooooookaaaay.... so I drive the car on the scales....they weigh the car with Kagan in it. Then I get Kagan out and they weigh the car without him (while he drags me around the lot!). Subtract the car weight from the car/Kagan weight...their scales only weighs in 10# increments...and he weighs more than 130#, but less than 140#. :faint3: The guys said that next year I'll have to get a small stock trailer to haul him in. ROFL I told them we were picking up fence the next day and would have it up in a couple weeks...then we're working on LEASH TRANING! He is such a big lovable boy, but WOW is he strong...my back still aches from the 'ride'. He has started to 'alert'...he's not a *barky* dog, so when he does, I pay ATTENTION. He is so noble and gorgeous when he's doing his job. He takes on this air of royalty and is so confident and sure of himself. Reminds me of when we were at Darlene's and I had to 'trick' his sire (Dani) to get him to alert so I could take pictures and some video. And 'tricking' an Anatolian ain't easy!! Gives me a sense of peace to know that he's on 'duty'.

Can ya tell that I love my little gal and big guy? :wub:

(((((Darlene))))) Thank you soooooo much. These dogs are so much MORE than I ever imagined.

:bighug2:

(((((Darlene))))) Thank you soooooo much. These dogs are so much MORE than I ever imagined.

:bighug2:

You have made my day.

You have no idea how important it is to me that you be happy, so to see how much you are, just touches my heart.

puppyinwindowsnow.gif

Yes, I remember you posting about Gracie. I don't think we ever get over it when our pets pass on. I know I can still cry over Prince and Queen and that has been 3 years now.

There is a place, called, The Rainbow Bridge, and this was such a great help to me. :)

Those pictures are just so great. You have a couple of good looking dogs there. :) You will really enjoy Ari so much since she will be in the house with you more. :)

SNOWMANHUGSINPURPLE.jpgHAVEAGOODDAYWINTERGIRLANDSNOWMAN.gif

Archived