MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Does anyone know

Motherhen

I believe she was in a mountainous area at the border of Oklahoma and Arkansas. Let me check something for confirmation and I'll write more if I find it.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, I did find it..I was right. Here is what she had wrote me several months before she got bit -- "(I live in a remote wilderness area in the mountains...Oklahoma/Arkansas border.)"

Some of you may know that she is one of Jehovah's Witnesses and so am I--which is why I had wrote her. If any of you are in that area, you could contact any congregation that is in the area---it does not have to be the nearest city. Witnesses know each other or know of each other often from distances away (I have my 'feelers' out now but being in Canada its quite 'some' distance away for me and the person I know is a long shot) Just call any Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses. You are looking for Sharon. If you tell them she was bit by the rattler, word may have spread about her.

Other things to know about her---she has Lyme Disease, Chronic Fatigue, heart problems, glaucoma ,crippling knee problems, quite deaf and did cyber witnessing. She had a hard time getting out and about so instead of going door to door as Witnesses are known for, she did it online by email.

Perhaps that could help.

We don't need to have her give any personal information about her whereabouts.

We just want to know if she's all right.

Here is the pm I received back from Flourbug at This Blue Marble...

Hey Jeri,

Please feel free to pass on this information to the good people at Mrs.Survival.

The last I heard from PCS was October 31. She was VERY frustrated about her computer problems. Old Hawk walked her through virus removal, but the problems reoccurred several times. He suspected she was not following all the steps, which may have been because of the mental confusion from the snakebite and meds.

Old Hawk and blue gecko live nearby in Arkansas. They offered to help - but as we all know, PCS is a VERY private person. Despite the problems she was having and her appreciation for the financial help, she did not want anyone to visit her. Soon after she said the computer problems were just too much to deal with and she disappeared from her blog and forums.

I do worry about her. I know her name - but I crossed my heart and sincerely promised never to give it to ANYONE. Every week or so I google it to see if anything comes up, but so far, nothing. I guess that's a good thing.

If she contacts anyone, please let us know. We're just as worried about our good friend as you are.

Flourbug

So, evidently she has not done anything on line with either PCS or her real name. Nothing is coming up anyways. Don't know if that will help or not?

Q

I think the info I gave is very very vague--thats a lot of miles and territory to cover and she has told us all that she is one of Jehovah's Witnesses on here.. All we want to do is find out if she's still alright and we don't know if she is or not. I sure wish she'd let us know somehow.

No, I think you've got it wrong about Sharon--not from the things she said to me from private email. Besides she didn't ask for donations and actually asked "you" to stop.

I hate to think it but I fear she has lost her life due to complications.

Maybe this is good news...

A friend of mine called a hospital in a county in Arkansas and asked if last fall there had been any snake bite victims treated there. The person they talked to said that a female patient did come in with a snakebite wound and had been in ICU and had a long recovery. The most important thing is that the woman did not die.

Because of patient privacy reasons, no more detail was available, but perhaps that snakebite victim was our friend PCS.

WOW!

I went back and read this thread over again to see both sides of it.

And I must say if She is still around (and we hope she is) and she is 'watching and reading' but afraid to post, Then at least she knows she is missed and Loved!

The mystery will be solved soon one way or the other and as someone said - GOD knows what is going on with our friend PCS.

:AmishMichael2:

That is wonderful news! I hope that at some point, she will return to us. Perhaps she is like me---if something happened to this computer, I'd not know what to do--I'm very computer illiterate-- and I know she told me that most of the people she associated with, did not have a computer.

Maybe this is good news...

A friend of mine called a hospital in a county in Arkansas and asked if last fall there had been any snake bite victims treated there. The person they talked to said that a female patient did come in with a snakebite wound and had been in ICU and had a long recovery. The most important thing is that the woman did not die.

Because of patient privacy reasons, no more detail was available, but perhaps that snakebite victim was our friend PCS.

I know some folks in that general area and they have heard nothing about a snake bite, but she could still be further north than them.

I just hope nobody investigate and finds out the truth about me, that I am a 15 year old, 475 pound Samoan!! :ph34r:

I must quit skimming.

I read 475 pound Salmon :laughkick:

I just hope nobody investigate and finds out the truth about me, that I am a 15 year old, 475 pound Samoan!! :ph34r:

I must quit skimming.

I read 475 pound Salmon :laughkick:

It's ok Leah. We all thought there was something fishy with Louis.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

I'm flourbug from ThisBlueMarble.

I want to address concerns that the fundraiser for PCS was a scam.

The idea for a fundraiser did not come from PCS. Some of her online friends came to me and asked what we could do to help her. I had the idea for a PayPal button.

To be honest, I've heard accusations about an admin on another board pocketing a significant portion of donations from a fundraiser, and I don't want to go there. I value my reputation and don't want even a hint of impropriety. The PayPal donation button allowed us to set something up that went directly to PCS without a middleman. (We currently have a donation button set up for another member whose husband was in a work accident. I'll be happy to share the code with anyone who would like to see how it works.) PCS gave me the personal information needed to set everything up for her under the condition I would not give that information out to anyone, ever. We set up an email address on our domain and pointed it to her PayPal account. If you clicked on the donation button, your funds went directly into her account. She's the only one with the password, I can't tell you who donated or how much.

PCS was in contact with me via PM for several weeks. She was very grateful for the donations and the concern people had for her. She asked me to identify people she knew only by nickname, and she did thank our members via PM on ThisBlueMarble.

Donations were still coming in strong when she was hit by a computer virus. After repeated attempts to help her, she asked me to take down the button, and she disappeared. Not just from TBM, but apparently from the internet.

We can never be 100% sure of anything that happens online - people can fake information, including their identity - but this just does not smell like a scam to me. She did not initiate the fundraiser, or ask people to send money, and she could have gotten a lot more if the PayPal button stayed up.

I hope she is out there and doing well, and her only problem is lack of computer access. But I sure would like to hear some word from her.

Mary

Thank you flourbug!! And if you do hear anything at all, please let us know. Everyone has been worried sick. Afraid of the worst, that she died. Sure hoping that's not the case. If computer issues are the only problem, I'm hoping she'll at least try to put something on disk like had to do from hospital bed and get same friend to upload information to web. Don't know whether she's o.k. or not, since hasn't tried to contact anyone at all?? When Abiigal went missing she was very upset. I'm about to think aliens are abucting some of our beloved members :o

Where did she go? She was contemplating a big move to NC or East TN...a long haul from New Orleans, by herself...I just wanna know if sister-mine is OK! What bothers me, is that I know Abi well enough to believe that if'n there was only ONE live computer left in the whole world, she'd find it and start typing away!

I miss her and I'm grieving something terrible!!!

Flourbug, thanks SO MUCH for taking the time to come over yourself and explain what was happening with PCS over there! That was so kind of you to do that. I hope if anyone hears from her they will post it here ASAP! If she is out in the boonies with no way to contact anyone...well, that just scares the heck out of me!

Q

• 6 months later...

Just want to let you know that PCS is okay. She's connecting via cell phone so there are some issues logging in and keeping connected. I really don't know much more than that, her messages have been brief. But it is really her, and I am sure she'll be back here to fill you all in ASAP.

Archived