MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Oldpine was in the hospital

Snowmom

GOODMORNINGDOGONSWING.gif

Last Thursday late afternoon Oldpine decided he should go to the ER. I hurried and had a bite to eat, as it was 5:20 or so. When we got to the hospital and when we got him checked in it was 6:10, I checked the time. From there we were taken to a room in the ER and this is where he spent most of the evening and some of the night. He had blood drawn, x-rays taken and then an ultra sound done too.

He was told he had a bit of pneumonia in one lung and he has an infection in his left leg. It was after 11:00 when he was taken to his room, so our DD and I were up until close to midnight that night.

Friday, we went in around noon and then again in the late afternoon. We met our DS and DDIL and DGS from Fargo for dinner and then we all went back to the hospital. The kids came out to the house as DS was going to put a computer together for DD. Another late night, about 11:30 again when we got to sleep.

Saturday, DD and I didn't go to the hospital until after we had lunch and then for only an hour or so, then back again after dinner for about 3 hours. Not as late, but, late enough. :)

Sunday, DH called around 11:15 and said he was being released at 1:00 so we had lunch and then took off for the hospital again. The last time for a while we hope.

Oldpine's leg is not as red and the swelling has gone down some, he is on antibiotic for the infection and pain pills for the pain in the leg. He won't be going back to work until after Labor Day.

thsnag101ht.gifHAVEAGOODDAY12gif.gif

BUTTERFLIESSPARKLES.gif

Thank you for the hugs, prayers and thought. :)

Well, we spent yesterday morning at the clinic and I had blood work and other lab work done, then x-rays and had to have an ultra-sound done today. Man, if it isn't one thing, it is another for sure.

I had been eating sunflower seeds and this is what it gave me, Diverticulitis. :( I knew I had that problem, but, all of a sudden, I was really wanting them. It is a craving I guess, maybe I needed the salt on them, I don't know. I also was eating a lot of grapes and had some strawberries, tomatoes and cucumbers. All of these good things have or are seeds. :( I know, I just have to be more careful and I know I can't eat a lot of any of these things. :( I LOVE tomatoes, but, will have to take it easy. Even strawberries and raspberries, and we have had a lot of strawberries this summer too.

So, I am on 2 more pills and for the next 24 hours am on a liquid diet. Yes, I have to be more careful than I was the past 2 weeks.

HAVEAGOODDAY-1.gifHUGS3.jpg

I am happy he is doing better now. That hospital stuff is not fun!

DH had diverticulitis too. He is getting more careful since he had that last bout last year. He had some serious bleeding and had to have 2 pints of blood. Take care of yourself Snowy! We don't want you going through that ordeal.

Archived