MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Picture Time!

WormGuy

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, I know when I have been beaten.

I admit it, I got lost, I called for help, I drove Darlene to the many hours of wandering off trying to get away from me. I self inflicted myself to get pity (which I didn't get), heck I guess I even shorted out the fence at the hog pen. I'll also take the blame for anything else anyone can come up with.

I beg that you forgive me for being such a pain in the rear. I promise I will do better if you let me come for the next get together. No night maneuvers planned or anything else.

:wormie2:

John

Okay, I know when I have been beaten.

I admit it, I got lost, I called for help, I drove Darlene to the many hours of wandering off trying to get away from me. I self inflicted myself to get pity (which I didn't get), heck I guess I even shorted out the fence at the hog pen. I'll also take the blame for anything else anyone can come up with.

I beg that you forgive me for being such a pain in the rear. I promise I will do better if you let me come for the next get together. No night maneuvers planned or anything else.

John

I don't think you're beaten Wormy! Never-ever give in... O.K. I think I see your stradegy! She wasn't expecting you to give up so fast...I know you are just regrouping and soon- maybe tomorrow- you will be ready for your next Great Act of Defiance!!! May the force be with you!

Whooooooaaaa there Nellie!!!

Now, i know this is all in fun and such but....let me set the record straight. Johan came early and set straight to being a help in every way imaginable way. He was the ride for Gun Plumber from the airport and the ride of Miki to the bus. He cooked a scrumptious stuffed roast and meal, he patiently waited for our last minute haircuts, braved the bees in a contrived suit to get the pics...on and on and on I could go.

As for the next get together....it would never be the same without our WormGuy!! aka, the GATEKEEPER. Met us with a long gun in each hand...and that's the truth! :D

Okay, y'all can go back to your joking around... :rolleyes:

Whooooooaaaa there Nellie!!!

Now, i know this is all in fun and such but....let me set the record straight. Johan came early and set straight to being a help in every way imaginable way. He was the ride for Gun Plumber from the airport and the ride of Miki to the bus. He cooked a scrumptious stuffed roast and meal, he patiently waited for our last minute haircuts, braved the bees in a contrived suit to get the pics...on and on and on I could go.

As for the next get together....it would never be the same without our WormGuy!! aka, the GATEKEEPER. Met us with a long gun in each hand...and that's the truth! :D

Okay, y'all can go back to your joking around... :rolleyes:

YES- what Stephanie said! See there Wormy--we're behind you! (Way behind you!LOL) [ BTW Stephanie, that is one good looking dump cake!]

I see I do have friends!!! :woohoo:

I shall wait to see what the princess has to say before I say anything else.

John

That's the spirit Wormie--We all understand that you are still recovering from your great battle wound. You were only momentarily weak from the loss of all that blood! Just rest and wait for now...and when you regain your stregnth...YOU WILL PERSEVERE!

Trudy the Cheerleader!! :cheer:

That dump cake has a story!! We tried a NEW technique and it flopped!

One of our activities was to cure/season one of Darlene's brand spanking new (tags still on) Cast Iron Dutch Oven. Then we proceeded to 'stack' mine on hers and they were both full of the ingredients for Dump Cake. The concept is sound, the problem is I didn't take into account the extra air circulation and we didn't have enough hot coals (this is hindsight speaking).

However...not to be defeated, we put them into the oven to complete the cooking and it was like ten o'clock before they came out!!

In the end they were edible and we learned how NOT to stack the dutch ovens for next time. :)

And you'll be giving us a detailed report and instructions soon, riiiiight???? :happy0203:

For future reference, of course. ;)

th_GOODMORNINGFALLCHAIR.jpg

Seems/looks like everyone had a great time. Thanks for the pictures. :) Maybe one of these days Oldpine and I might get down there. He got to go back to work today, so after being home for so long, he wasn't sure if he wanted to or not. :) Watch that cut, that is how Oldpine got an infected leg, just a scrape, enough to make it bleed, and then infected. 6 weeks is a long time without a paycheck. :(

Again, thanks for sharing the party. :)

th_FALLHUGS2.jpgth_HAVEANICEDAY8-1.gif

MtRider typing ..... :curtsey:

So I'm making a peanut butter and jelly sandwich to take with me on the covered wagon plane trip across the country this evening. Always be prepared, right. And of COURSE my jelly of choice is Peach! :yum3: Score one for Wormie. Yum!

ON THE OTHER HAND..... :tapfoot: Iffen Wormie and Darlene ever...EVER....join forces and play another "SNAKE" joke on me again....I'm gonna swat ya both! Hmph!

Dear Readers......you cannot believe a word said about anyone on here. You'll never sift the truth from goofing. :P We've got us some canny folks on this here board so jest watch out! :laughkick: But coke really did land in Wormie's shoes.....accidently. :24:

MtRider [.....baby snake bite, indeed! Had me with my feet tucked up on the chair and vowing to never set foot outside the whole week I was here! {dramatic Geeeorgeea voice} They were bein' mean to me! Jest wait till I get to that part in my Story! ]

MtRider typing ..... :curtsey:

So I'm making a peanut butter and jelly sandwich to take with me on the covered wagon plane trip across the country this evening. Always be prepared, right. And of COURSE my jelly of choice is Peach! :yum3: Score one for Wormie. Yum!

ON THE OTHER HAND..... :tapfoot: Iffen Wormie and Darlene ever...EVER....join forces and play another "SNAKE" joke on me again....I'm gonna swat ya both! Hmph!

Dear Readers......you cannot believe a word said about anyone on here. You'll never sift the truth from goofing. :P We've got us some canny folks on this here board so jest watch out! :laughkick: But coke really did land in Wormie's shoes.....accidently. :24:

MtRider [.....baby snake bite, indeed! Had me with my feet tucked up on the chair and vowing to never set foot outside the whole week I was here! {dramatic Geeeorgeea voice} They were bein' mean to me! Jest wait till I get to that part in my Story! ]

Hey MtRider, What a awsome thought....Darlene and Wormie joining forces... I beleive that team could 'rule the world.'

I was not the one who called you, Gunplumber did.

True - your fingers were clenched so tightly around the wheel they couldn't be pried off.

I would have made it back with no problem, it was Gunplumber who kept asking me "do I call Darlene", to keep him calm I had to agree. I thought he was gonna have a nervous breakdown he seemed so frightened.

I think it is called projection. I will admit, I was a little anxious. Having just finished some dental work and having a "temporary" cap on two teeth, I was afraid I was going to hurt myself eating those "snacks" you brought. I did spend some time in Georgia back in the 80s - actually just a few mountains over at Dahlonega Mountain Ranger Camp (Camp Merrill), as well as the swamps in southern Georgia. I know what water moccasins taste like, as well as copperheads and diamondbacks. Not only were your snacks poor excuses for snakes, but they tasted lousy. I was just trying to be a good guest and not insult your cooking, but really Worm, my Girlscouts did a better job of making Rattlesnake jerky and breaded "poppers" on their first try. And yeah - very funny leaving the live one in the bottom of the sack - did you really think it was going to scare me. Here's a clue, bro. When I cried "Oh no, there is a live snake in the bottom of the snack bag, whatever shall I do", while waving my hands around , I was being sarcastic.

I stopped on your road to so he could see how dark it really was and shut off the car lights. He said " you can't even see your hand in front of your face".

True. And unfortunately I took that moment to bite the head off that tiny 4 foot rattler you were trying to "scare" me with, so my mocking contempt for what you Easterners consider a "big snake" was lost in the darkness. Out west we typically throw those back, as they just don't have enough meat on them to worth the effort of skinning.

• 2 weeks later...

Ths thread needs more pics! What a wonderful time you all had! Im living the adventures through Worm's pics

I agree WE WANT MORE PICTURES....please :-)

Going to my editing program now! My card says I have 173 photos.

I'm down to 114 photos now. not sure what size to make them. These are just the first 4 photos of Darlenes home.post-45-077718400 1287197133_thumb.jpgpost-45-058200100 1287197107_thumb.jpgpost-45-038629600 1287197239_thumb.jpgpost-45-043895700 1287197204_thumb.jpg

John! What size did you make your photos? I don't like my e-mail size. I'll wait to add any more. Want them to be seen in all their glory!!!LOL.

Did you guys and gals click on the photos? When I do they come up on the screen about the size of a 5x7 photo. Not sure if they can be printed like that or not. I sized these above ones for e-mail and the ones I pm'd were 1000 x 629 or something like that. I won't leave you all hanging but am too pooped tonight and I have to can more elk tomorrow AND they called me before I even got here and asked me to work Mon. and Tues. That's a good thing but I also have salsa to make and jalapenos to pickle. Now you know why I like Summer (in a cool place) more than winter in AZ while working. I'll have more photos soon!

Archived